airtabs and the expo

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I don't see them in the list of vendors. OVM, Teamcaffee and I, as well as others here are believers in these things. They are available online and I trust you'll find it's money well spent and soon returned in benefit.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Airtab web site is: www.airtab.com. You can order Airtabs there.

We recently added them to our truck and are now Airtab believers. Preliminary results are positive and it appears the product will pay for itself in a short time.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I believe there will be a driver or two at the Expo that has a few extra sets to sell. We will be at the Expo and can point you in the right direction.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
check over in the hard pack lot. there is a lady there with a couple kits. check out her red white and blue airtabs.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There was a fair amount of Airtab activity and talk at the Expo. After the show, five trucks parked to model their air tabs. A sixth truck got a set installed with help from Bob Caffee and two women, Jeanie and Susie, who called themselves "The Tabettes." They are straight-truck drivers and enthusiastiac Airtab promoters.

1eo_airtab011.jpg

2eo_airtab011.jpg

3eo_airtab022.jpg

4eo_airtab018.jpg

For readers who may be wondering, Airtabs perform as advertised. They are easy to install, cost little, have no moving parts, and they pay for themselves in a few months.

For more information, see the Airtab web site.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There was also a small rivalry over who had the biggest baddest ladder! It was amazing how fast they installed those AirTabs and how much fun they had doing it. I am sure at MATS they will be doing this again as they sure had a blast.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
I've been running AirTabs for nearly 3 years. Any fuel mileage improvement is hard for me to quantify, but the handling of the truck with the AirTabs improved so much, that I can't imagine not having them.

Cross winds and bow waves from other trucks that would have my truck jumping around are no longer an issue. Just making the truck less tiring to drive makes AirTabs worth the price.

Rex

Attachments

• pulletpro.jpg
    pulletpro.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 29

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
When we installed them, we did not install them on the top of the box. Has anyone else installed them there? Also, has anyone installed them on any other location on the truck besides the box?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Most people I think do put them across the top of the box. Bob took our extras and put them along the bottom of the lift gate. The way our lift gate rests this does make sense. One of the trucks there has 139 AirTabs plaster here and there. She has them on her mirrors and also on her took boxes. She is claiming her truck is running cooler than it ever has.

It was interesting to see how well the AirTabs age as ours are over three years old and look pretty darn good next to the new ones that were just installed.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Linda, We'll probably put them across the top and see if it makes a difference. We noticed a huge difference in the wind buffeting with them just at the back of the box.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I'm the Jeanie who has mentioned several times on the earlier posts. In addition to having my airtabs on roof and sides of the box I have them across the front of my Bentz sleeper, on the fenders of my T-300, on my west-coast mirrors, and on the trailing edge of my toolboxes. That comes to a total of 138. When I added them on to the sleeper and fenders I saw an increase of .3mpg and my truck is running about 25 degrees cooler this summer. I haven't had them on my mirrors and boxes long enough to have good numbers.

Reactions: 1 person

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jeanie: it's about time you spoke up here - welcome, lol. You haven't painted yours, I see, but they are easy to do, right? (And you don't have to paint the white ones!:D)

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I just couldn't keep quiet (what a surprise). I did paint my tabs silver for the mirrors and diamond plate toolboxes. I also added Automotive GOOP to the adhesive for the ones going onto the uneven surface. That's working out great. How was your time at the lake?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Photos below show a truck (Jeanie's truck) with Airtabs on the mirror and sleeper roof. This truck also has Airtabs on the tool box but they do not show up well in the photo. The tabs are painted to blend in, which they pretty-much do when you see the truck.

airtabkw.jpg

airtab_on_mirror.jpg

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Photos of Susie's truck showing Airtabs painted red, white and blue, and them installed on the tool box.

susie_truck.jpg

susie_tabs.jpg

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
gotta go you have a lot to offer I hope you keep posting! We can all learn from many of the things you have done and one would be to watch for speed humps!

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Thanks ATeam for posting the nice pictures of my truck. I'm glad we met, I'll be watching for you.