Affordable RV Shops to Install Espar and roof vents in 06 Sprinter?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just looking for a shop that doesn't have a high labor rate and can possibly install a espar and two roof vents. Maybe a power inverter. Thanks in advance. :) I have a guy in Elkhart that is decent but was just seeing what else if out there.

Like a shop that actually puts some creativity and doesn't just do a hack job....

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15972

Last edited:

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Brian who installs Espar systems for Espar of Michigan does the best installs of anyone I know of, he does quality installs of everything you mentioned and I'd recommend him to the highest degree.

Turtle has been known of using this shop.

Give Brian a call at 734-735-6971

guido4475

Not a Member
As I have stated before on a different thread, perhaps,.....there is a place in Cambridge, Ohio called the Battery Depot 740-432-2000.....from what I have seen what they have done on other Sprinters, the work is top-quality custom work.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
My advice is to seek out a place that does it as a business and not as a "Oh I've done that before" place.

Well a RV shop may be good at roof vents but I'd seek out a place that installs Espar for a living.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had air, roof vent, tv antenna all installed at battery depot Dave mentioned. They also built and installed my swing out gen mount. They have installed many espars.

Pm me if you have questions about them.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had air, roof vent, tv antenna all installed at battery depot Dave mentioned. They also built and installed my swing out gen mount. They have installed many espars.

Pm me if you have questions about them.

So its a battery shop that installs roof vents and espars... seems weird but I dig it :) What is there hourly rate? That generator swing out seems pretty spot on as well. Can you post up a pic? Also do you have a inverter or just use the Gen? We are interested in a yamaha ef2000is. Nice and portable.
Xiggi, I think I saw your truck in Greenville SC one time and you had a hitch mount carrying the gen. I suppose you must have recently gotten that swing out gen mount?

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We've confirmed the Espar d2 and two fantastic 4000 vents and insulation. We will hold off on the 2000watt power inverter, yamaha generator and coleman ac until April. I'll give battery depot a ring tomorrow.

If anyone else knows of any RV shops or custom truck van accessory shops that do good work installing roof vents and espar heaters post them up on here and I'll get in touch tomorrow for a quote. Appreciate all the advice and post so far!