Added cruise on Ford 7.3 van

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
After 2 years of no cruise I added cruise to my 2003 Ford E350 with a 7.3 in Jan, 2012. Bought it from the Cruise Control Store on line. Cost $429 plus $80.00 local labor to install. Over the past 21 months and 180,000 miles it has worked perfectly. It included an new steering wheel cause that's where the controls are located.
I love it and it has greatly reduced my fatigue factor. I tried for a year to find one at salvage yards without success but I do not regret one penny spent for the new one. Just thought I would pass this along to anyone interested.

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the info! I was looking at these kits too. It's tough to part with $500 and not be sure. I have a 07 base model, 5.4. This is just another upgrade on the list.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The newer vehicles are probably easier to upgrade. The throttle is "fly by wire" on most anything after '05. Older vehicles like mine, which still use cables, are a bit harder-- but not impossible-- to upgrade.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ford has what is called "Cruise control in a box". Meaning everything needed to install cruise control exactly like the factory is in this box from Ford. It was $300.00 for the kit, plus labor. I had the Ford dealer that I bought this van from put it on mine before I picked it up. These are all OEM parts from Ford. It works flawlessly.