About Leaving FedEx Custom Critical

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know it strikes me as odd that everyone would fawn all over Phil and this momentous decision.

I can't help but laugh at this;

We did not want to join a company where people played favorites. We thought it was a good thing that trucks were dispatched by number and not by name under a dispatch system that was thereby fair.

Well hate to break the news to you Phil, who ever told you that they don't play favorites got it all wrong or you are just a number, I think was yanking your chain.

You entered my world, where you are more than a number and you will have to sell yourself to make the good money.

Overall I think there are a lot of speculation and assumptions from my point of view by a lot of people.

I actually feel Phil you made a mistake not going to Panther but on the other hand I know exactly why you didn't and so do a few others here - which is not speculation or assumption.

Again I wish you luck and if you need to know something that I can help you with, PM me.

Monty

Expert Expediter
That was my thought also, about "favorites" .... at LEA you will, (in the words of some), become a brown noser and a favorite.

I describe it differently, more of a business relationship with a few quality agents that have the freight I desire, and I have the capacity they want. Works out quite well.

Oh, and btw, you will soon learn there are a few agents you avoid like the plauge! And some of them will avoid you also.

Which is why I prefer to be a loner ... I do not congregate with other LEA contractors, why should I explain why I suddenly have freight, and they don't.

Work hard, keep yer nose clean, pick a few good agents, and your revenue will be there.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How do you know which out of the several dozen are the good agents you should pick.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
You know it strikes me as odd that everyone would fawn all over Phil and this momentous decision.

Do you think it would have been smarter for him to stay? What is wrong with people lauding him for leaving a situation he wasn't happy with?

Do you think people should stay in unhappy situations? Do you think we should be mad at people who make career decisions that make them happier?

I don't understand why you would think its odd that we can be happy for someone.

Last edited:

Monty

Expert Expediter
Mostly trial and error LDB .... dependent on his equipment, desired freight lanes and products wished to be transported. But I would be happy to make some introductions to a few agents I work with.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
mcavoy wrote:

I don't understand why you would think its odd that we can be happy for someone.

You are new, stick around for a week or so and you see that almost NOTHING Phil post or does here on EO escapes the "critques" of greg....and most often Phil doesn't do anything that would measure up to gregs std...:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Do you think ...

I think brisco said it exactly as it should be said

http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...48429-sinking-titantic-fdcc-2.html#post451678

There is a history that predates many members here.

Let's just say that Dennis isn't even close with his stab at me, he is clueless to the facts, what has gone on and the history of many of us. Others who have been around understand it completely (may be tired of it like I am with some of the BS going on here) and they don't seem to say much but could. You may notice I post less about what Phil says and more about what others say, or did you miss that?

I sincerely hope he does well at LS and if I can help him with anything, I would be happy to.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Phil is a celebrity. There are some people who hang on his every word and want to know the smallest details of his every day life. There are even paparazzi who stalk Phil to get pictures of him while grocery shopping or heading to the hair salon. People eat it up, they can't get enough. On the flip-side, people like seeing the most popular girl in high school walk down the prom aisle and trip, too.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I think brisco said it exactly as it should be said

http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...48429-sinking-titantic-fdcc-2.html#post451678

There is a history that predates many members here.

Let's just say that Dennis isn't even close with his stab at me, he is clueless to the facts, what has gone on and the history of many of us. Others who have been around understand it completely (may be tired of it like I am with some of the BS going on here) and they don't seem to say much but could. You may notice I post less about what Phil says and more about what others say, or did you miss that?

I sincerely hope he does well at LS and if I can help him with anything, I would be happy to.

I understand what your saying and I realize I don't know the whole picture. I wasn't debating Phil, you had specifically mentioned all the other people being happy for him.

Personally, I can see how he can be viewed as high browed and rub people the wrong way, but that doesn't mean that as human beings, we should wish bad things upon him. I like to think that human nature would make us happy that he is moving on to a better situation.

Who knows under a better situation, he might become a more friendly poster :eek:

Phil is a celebrity. There are some people who hang on his every word and want to know the smallest details of his every day life. There are even paparazzi who stalk Phil to get pictures of him while grocery shopping or heading to the hair salon. People eat it up, they can't get enough. On the flip-side, people like seeing the most popular girl in high school walk down the prom aisle and trip, too.

Gold, I truly enjoyed this.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You seem to understand.

My point is he comes here and makes a big announcement as if Obama himself came here and said he was leaving the white house to work at IHOP and everyone seems to give him accolades for his success which at that point is not about him but those fawning all over him because it looks silly.

Being happy for him isn't the issue, I am happy for him ... to be exact I told him a few times to make a change to learn what the rest of the world is like and he may be happier than he was ... now I hope he is as successful as he was at FedEx, if I can help, I will do what I can to help.

fortwayne

Not a Member
I too have a made a move.....I'm in a chess tournament and I just moved my Bishop!
Jokes aside......I'm glad to hear they moved to a place that meets their expected needs and would feel the same for anyone that did the same.
In this case it is a big deal cause its one of several people on this site we lean to for some experienced advice.
Oooooh...no...I just lost my darn Bishop..oooooh sweet.....checkmate...I win!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome to Landstar. My only regret in moving here from Panther was that I did not do it sooner.

-charlee

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That was my thought also, about "favorites" .... at LEA you will, (in the words of some), become a brown noser and a favorite.

I describe it differently, more of a business relationship with a few quality agents that have the freight I desire, and I have the capacity they want. Works out quite well.

Diane and I are aware of the difference between FedEx Custom Critical's centralized dispatch system and Landstar's decentralized, agent-driven dispatch system. Our move to Landstar takes us into an entirely different game; one that we are well equipped to play.

Marketing and professional networking skills are little needed when your load-getting strategy consists of waiting for load offers to come to you. That strategy worked very well for Diane and me and made us great money at FedEx Custom Critical until certain changes were made.

Now preparing to play a different game, we are dusting off the considerable marketing and professional networking skills that we developed before becoming expediters and put on the shelf for eight years. It's fun to develop a marketing plan that will be added to our business plan. It is even more fun to begin using these skills again.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well, i don't know what to make of this :
yesterday i was standing next to a fresh WG truck.
it was a Western Star midroof with an 18' reefer box, posh axle and lift gate, beautiful truck.
and i could see from the sun, that the Fed EX signs have being recently removed .
what i could not understand is that the truck is now leased on to a fleet working for a households moving giant .

oh, yha, remember that
'there's a big blue star in your horizon' post ?,
i hope you'ed like it there !
it's gonna rain WG contractors at the upcoming expo .

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I wish you both luck. I don't see the.problem with them posting where they moved to. Other people do it. Why are there so many negative people on here? Always being so rude to others. I have always enjoyed reading phils's posts as they contain information to back up what he says. I believe they are both very intelligent people and its refreshing at times to read what they post. Informative versus reading people put everyone down because they might be new and ask a question they should have been born knowing, lol. I respect what they say just as I do some other people on here. Some people are just a little more interesting and some a little jealous.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Well, i don't know what to make of this :
yesterday i was standing next to a fresh WG truck.
it was a Western Star midroof with an 18' reefer box, posh axle and lift gate, beautiful truck.
and i could see from the sun, that the Fed EX signs have being recently removed .
what i could not understand is that the truck is now leased on to a fleet working for a households moving giant.

It could mean anything. It could be driver health issues that prematurely forced an owner-operator team out of their truck. It could be that moving company got a contract that required a straight truck reefer and a sweet deal was offered to recruit that truck. It could be that the team failed and the moving company picked up the truck for a song.

Again, it could be anything. But one thing you can be sure of is that FedEx critics who have an ax to grind will take it as proof positive that the company is going down the drain.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Oh, now i know why there's a hidden arrow inside the FedEx logo.
it's show in which directions to peal off the decals ... :D

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Well way down here on page three you are seriously welcomed by Tod and I to LEAM. We think EVERYONE should drive for Landstar. Don't get discouraged. At first we were in the dark cause we didn't know what it was like to make your own decisions. But since we learned the curve we have never looked back. I'm sure you will get a lot of general advice, I'm going to give you some specific advice. Contact Tommy at DF1, he has good refrigerated freight. We wish you and Diane well!