A question for women...

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
Being that you are all from outter space and there is no possible way we will ever figure out your crazy ways of thinking, it is imperative that we men ask questions. So here is a question that Many men want to kmow.
Why is it that women, after they marry and divorce choose to keep the last name(s) of their ex-husband(s). Even if they have been married five freakin times, they will carry all the names with them. For example, and this is totally a made up name. (this is not a real person) Tonya Michelle Adams, Smith, Reynolds, Burchett, Lastoria, Weisberg. Now this "Imaginary" woman has been married five times. For the men reading this, im sure your a little bit confused so I will break it down for you. Tonya and Michelle are her first and middle name. Adams is her maiden name, the last name of her Daddy. I know this is confusing guys, but try and stay with me, I have spent years trying to decipher this code. OK, all the names that follow Adams are married names; they are the names of her husbands. So, (and please refer to the example name) she was married to Mr. Smith, and then Mr. Reynolds, and then Mr. Burchett, and then Mr. Lastoria, and then Mr. Weisberg. Wow, she got around didn't she? Why does she not revert back to her maiden name after each failed marriage. The names of her ex's don't have any merrit, so why carry them. Is it concidered prestige among other women? The more last names you have the higher you are on the social ladder you are? Is it concidered a badge of honor, like knotches on a headboard or the painting of little bombs on the sides of fighter planes for every kill they have made? Do you concider these extra last names as victorys among men "I slayed another one"? From a male point of view, it's not very attractive. It lets us know that you have trouble keeping a mate and that your hard to get along with and brings one word to mind, "PRE-NUPTIAL" (Please sign here).
I know this may sound harsh and might appear as if I do not worship and adore women, but I do. Where would we be without you. I know that Women are superier in EVERY way and they control the universe, I Love You All. It just seems a lot of bit silly to us that you do this. Please dont be offended Ladys, I talk a lot of big crap but I am a wussyboy who is hiding behind his keyboard. :D

Cuz

mss1963

Expert Expediter
Cuzz you are bored Dispatch need's to get you a load and get ya rolling too much time on your hand's LOL.....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
In a lot of states you actually have to pay to change your name back, then go through the process of paying to change your drivers license, and then changing your name on all of your mail etc.

Example, my friend's husband died, she decided to change her name back to her maiden name. She had to go to a courthouse, and pay over $100 to do so. Maybe thats why? I dont know to be honest. I changed my name once and I am not changing it again.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't know why other women do it, but I kept 'his' name because it's my daughter's name.
And I knew his girlfriend wouldn't like it. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why a woman would have to pay to change back to her "legal"name? The one on her birth certificate never changes...it is just the hassle of changing all the ID's back over...