80 cpm +fsc

armin88

Expert Expediter
Looking at a fleet owner offering .80 cpm for teams and we pay fuel but keep 100% fsc.Does this sounds like a good deal or not?I always was told stick with the % pay but it seems more fleet owners are going by the mile pay now,some will say its the same but I don't know.What's your opinion on this?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Some of the question would be determined by who the carrier is.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Panther I spoke to the fleet owner tonight and got more details,I pretty much found my answer but opinions still welcome.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's fair for a Panther truck, maybe short by one penny or maybe over a little bit. The 60/40 split plus 100% fsc is quite common and is fair. That truck is probably on a $1.35 contract which would give 81cpm and they rounded it to an even 80 cents. For people who can keep their foot out of the firewall and minimize idling that isn't a bad deal.

armin88

Expert Expediter
After speaking to the owner and getting more info,ill get .85 cpm + .35 cpm in fsc so its $1.20 per mile.Truck is getting $1.85 cpm because its a refer ST,owner earns .55 cpm.After looking into it and doing some math,I think its a far deal.Also this will be team operated.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
LDB is right. Keep it slow and don't kill your profits by idleing constantly. It seems the straights are doing pretty well at panther right now. Most of my friends here run them and they've been busier then my tractor. Good luck to you.

armin88

Expert Expediter
LDB is right. Keep it slow and don't kill your profits by idleing constantly. It seems the straights are doing pretty well at panther right now. Most of my friends here run them and they've been busier then my tractor. Good luck to you.

Thanks,truck has a APU so that would be a big help also.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When you are getting a flat rate per mile, it is helpful to have a reasonable estimate of the number of miles available. Is your perspective fleet owner able to tell you what that might be?

Don't ask how many miles can I get if I work hard? Ask how many miles are the trucks in this owner's fleet getting now? What is the range of total miles among the trucks? What is the top team doing to get the miles that the bottom team is not?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is $1.85 the base rate before fsc? It's very simple arithmetic in any event. 60/40 of the base plus 100% of the fsc. If the fsc is 35cpm then the base is either $1.50 or $1.85 and 60% is either 90cpm or $1.11 per mile. Based on the stated 35cpm fsc it sounds like that's the fixed rate so it will change week to week. At 35cpm the total pay should be either $1.25 or $1.46 based on the information provided so far and based on the common 60/40 with 100% split.