50 best trucker songs

races

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
saw this on todays truckers. pretty close to what I'd say.

1. Six Days on the Road

2. Bud the Spud

3. Teddy Bear

4. Roll on 18 Wheeler

5. Convoy

6. I’ve Been Everywhere

7. 18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses

8. Girl on the Billboard

9. Eastbound and Down

10. Give me 40 Acres

11. Truckin’

12. Me and Bobby McGee

13. On the Road Again

14. Drivers’ Paradise

15. Truck Drivers Sweetheart

16. 40 Miles of Bad Road

17. Giddy Up Go

18. How Fast Them Trucks Can Go

19. The Bandit

20. Thank God for the Radio

21. Big Wheels in the Moonlight

22. Truck Driving Queen

23. I’m a Truck

24. Truck Got Stuck

25. Truck Driving Man

26. Roll Truck Roll

27. Teddy Bear’s Last Ride

28. Momma Knows the Highway

29. Long Long Texas Road

30. 500 Miles

31. Phantom 309

32. Truck Drivin’ Son of A Gun

33. Diesel on my Tail

34. Little Pink Mack

35. A Tombstone Every Mile

36. Looking at the World through a Windshield

37. Freightliner Fever

38. Endless Black Ribbon

39. Giddy Up and Go Answer

40. Truck Driver’s Prayer

41. Long Lonesome Road

42. I’m a Roadhammer

43. 18 Wheels

44. Keep On Truckin’

45. Happy Journey

46. Man Behind the Wheel

47. Truck Drivin’ Buddy

48. Truck driver’s blues

49. Cowboyboots

50. Rubber Duck

Brisco

Expert Expediter
WOW!!!

I haven't thought about TEDDY BEAR for some 20-30 years NOW!!

What a memory from the 60's - 70's!!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Good memories, some of these songs.

I met Red Sovine once in the 70's, when we served as pallbearers at a funeral for a good ol' boy we both had known in KY.

They buried a beer with the ol' boy, and his son and I went out afterward and hit most every bar from Walton to Covington.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Are you kidding me? 50 songs and no mention of "willin' /weed,whites, and wine" by Little Feat/ Linda Ronstat???

That one should be in the top 10.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you kidding me? 50 songs and no mention of "willin' /weed,whites, and wine" by Little Feat/ Linda Ronstat???

Yea, Willin' should definitely be in the top 10. I usually prefer the original artist/song writer's version but I think I like Linda Ronstadt's version better. There is some nice pedal steel guitar in her recording.

Water In The Fuel written and recorded by Fred Eaglesmith should also be in the top ten.

Phantom 309 by Red Slovine is a great truckers song but Tom Waits version takes a classic to a whole new dimension. Way more soul and grit!

Diamonds On My Windshield by Tom Waits. Another great trucker song along with his song Semi Suite which has a great line: "The only place a man can breath and collect his thoughts, is midnights and flying away down the road."

Radar Love while not specifically a trucking song, is a good road song as is I'll Be Leaving Soon by Mark-Almond.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Radar Love while not specifically a trucking song, is a good road song as is I'll Be Leaving Soon by Mark-Almond.

I was once hired to drive a friend's daughter's pick-up truck back from Eugene OR to Portland ME, via Salt Lake City. Around 3300 miles, if I recall right, and I did it in just one hour over three days. Before I left I picked up another friend of mine's brother in Portland OR for the ride. He was an organic chef of some sort, so made great food the whole trip across, and had the entire Golden Earring collection, which we played over and over. Radar Love is definitely a good road song.

As for Mark Almond...their first album on Blue Thumb records is one I'd love to have again...I have not seen it anywhere. I rarely run across anyone who has ever even heard of them, much less really appreciated their music. Cool to see their name mentioned here.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As for Mark Almond...their first album on Blue Thumb records is one I'd love to have again...I have not seen it anywhere. I rarely run across anyone who has ever even heard of them, much less really appreciated their music. Cool to see their name mentioned here.

I've got their live LP that I put on cd. Its got a version of Billy Joel's New York State Of Mind inter mixed with their song The City. Wonderful sax solo by Johnny Mark and some nice guitar work by Carlos Rios. If you p.m. your address I'll send you a cd.

Monty

Expert Expediter
If you're going to include "Rubber Duck" then you must include "The White Knight"

cubansammich

Not a Member

You hit that nail on the head Doggie D.! I've been from Tahatchapee to Tonapah a few times myself.

cubansammich

Not a Member
I can't believe nobody mentioned Born to be wild! What about this tasty morsel?

Hammer Goin" Down ~ Done by the Road Hammers

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I was reminded last night about Guitar Town by Steve Earle. That definitely belongs on my top 10 list for driving/road songs.

"Hey pretty baby are ya ready for me, Its your good rockin' daddy down from Tennessee.
Just left Austin bound for San Antone With the radio blastin' and the bird dog on.
There's a speed trap up ahead in Selma Town
But no local yokel gonna shut me down
'Cause me and my boys got this rig unwound
And we've come a thousand miles from the Guitar Town."

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Give me 40 acres ... ps dont tell cdl instructor that they dont think its funny lol

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Born to be wild" Dangerous song I have to make sure the cruise is set when that one's playin cause the foot just wants to go down for some reason.
Reminds me of my B.C. days on A bike run to Angola 1 brother lost bolts for his saddle bag I stayed back to help and so he wouldn't be alone since we were riding in unautherized area wearing our colors. we got back on the road doin 90mph to catch up with the pack passed A cop getting out of his car to give a motorist a ticket his head jerked around as we passed him I looked at frank and said "Were goin to jail" He said "Nope were goin faster throttle down" as we hit the I-10 causway in LA Born to be wild was playin through the earbuds while splitten lanes. We finally caught up with the pack and never saw the cop everytime I hear that song it brings back that memory.