5 Cancels in a row.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
The headline sais it all. I thought Barry fixed the economy, where is all the frieght. I'm in Tulsa BTW, delivered on Sat. Oh well.

3 were "cancels" 1 was a wieght typo, 1275lbs vrs 12750 too heavy. 1 was cancelled cause shipper wouldn't stay open another 30 minutes to allow for drive time.

Five filled out and cancelled BOLs is a new record for me.

Last edited:

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
The headline sais it all. I thought Barry fixed the economy, where is all the frieght. I'm in Tulsa BTW, delivered on Sat. Oh well.

3 were "cancels" 1 was a wieght typo, 1275lbs vrs 12750 too heavy. 1 was cancelled cause shipper wouldn't stay open another 30 minutes to allow for drive time.

Five filled out and cancelled BOLs is a new record for me.

Foreal man. Gahh

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Certainly sounds like a record. You may have to drop your rate to $2.50 per mile.;)

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel much better now. Been sitting since Sat but at least we have not had any cancels. We have had a few "sorry loser, didn't get the load" calls, but no cancels. There is still another team ahead of us so we may sit another day in beautiful Canton watching the grass grow as the rain falls. Did you try taking a shower? People are more likely to want to meet you if you smell good. Just a thought. We would relocate, but we are surrounded by teams in all directions. Except Elk Grove.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bummer.
I dislike cancelled runs, but,
that would have been over $1000 dry run pay for us.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
12750 pounds, what's the problem? That's what about 6-8 round trips? All paid of course. :D

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well, it is the beginning of a new quarter, heading to a holyday,
just an observation,
but this was supposed to be a home time for many expediters.
never too late to start heading home, it is going to be a slow few days.
good luck.
point in case, experienced Expediters take their time off base of freight cycles.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I feel much better now. Been sitting since Sat but at least we have not had any cancels. We have had a few "sorry loser, didn't get the load" calls, but no cancels. There is still another team ahead of us so we may sit another day in beautiful Canton watching the grass grow as the rain falls. Did you try taking a shower? People are more likely to want to meet you if you smell good. Just a thought. We would relocate, but we are surrounded by teams in all directions. Except Elk Grove.

Actually, the benefit of a shower is as soon as I step into one, that's when the phone rings with a load offer. Works that way every time, unless I'm counting on it to.
--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
5 for one unit does seem to be some kind of record. We've had that many in a day, but 5 different trucks. Dry runs really stink as a carrier because we pass that money through. I think I had 2 in one day as a driver. Bought a new GPS with that money.

chs007

Seasoned Expediter
[
are you Sure the company wasn't price shopping you, had a major carrier do me that way, their trouble was the other driver was sitting in resturant with me, Well quit them right then

QUOTE=EASYTRADER;526377]The headline sais it all. I thought Barry fixed the economy, where is all the frieght. I'm in Tulsa BTW, delivered on Sat. Oh well.

Five filled out and cancelled BOLs is a new record for me.[/QUOTE]