Heating / Cooling 2015 Hino 258 Compressor doesn't come on

Stephanie Cahill

New Recruit
Driver
This truck has been GREAT till yesterday.

I decided to blow the dirt out of the dash with an air hose. Now the AC compressor will not come on. I have checked all fuses, none were blown, everything has power except to the compressor.

Help. I love this truck but I HATE wiring.

Steph

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Does the dome light work?

Does the light on the AC button come on? How about the blower motor?

Did you find the cabin air filter screen? Don't forget to clean that.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

Stephanie Cahill

New Recruit
Driver
Everything works. Lights, button light. AC screen was checked as well. A coworker checked the plug at the compressor, says there's no power.

All fuses are good and getting power. Just the compressor won't turn on now. Coincidence that I blew the dash out and now this?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Everything works. Lights, button light. AC screen was checked as well. A coworker checked the plug at the compressor, says there's no power.

All fuses are good and getting power. Just the compressor won't turn on now. Coincidence that I blew the dash out and now this?
Check the pressure switches behind the engine air filter housing. Make sure they're plugged in, no corrosion, etc.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

Stephanie Cahill

New Recruit
Driver
I'll look into the switches tomorrow, I'm still running it today. Now that you mention that, I never thought about it, my Chevy does that, but it resets when you restart the truck. Grrrr