2013 Ford Van Photos

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
It sbows 148" wb for the lwb. With 14' of load floor, its going to have a lot of overhang. That front axle may be set back some which would help a little, but very little from the looks of it....probably going to have a rougher ride with that axle set back so.

It is hard to tell, but I undertand it as the medium and high roof both being available on the lwb.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
It sbows 148" wb for the lwb. With 14' of load floor, its going to have a lot of overhang. That front axle may be set back some which would help a little, but very little from the looks of it....probably going to have a rougher ride with that axle set back so.

It is hard to tell, but I undertand it as the medium and high roof both being available on the lwb.

I have to wonder why Ford thinks the overhang is a better idea:confused:

jimmy

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, that image is goofy, mislabeled, or misleading; shows two "Standard body length" and one "Extended body length" arrows, which would seem to mean there's only one body length for the swb and both a standard and extended for the lwb. But the med roof seems tied only to the Standard body length on the swb. I think it'd be great if, as bill says, they're offering it in both swb and lwb in all three roof hts. I can't imagine they'll do the super extended on the swb though.

And I never have figured out why Ford never went with a longer wb on their extended body cargo vans. The turning radius, perhaps, but as owner of a couple lwb GMC vans, that's not that big a deal at all.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Heh - with the delays and teaser articles and released images and info, they're sure generating the buzz they want to create.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If the above ride comes true, how many of you are going to buy one? I will venture to guess,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe 5.

mzraik

Active Expediter
View attachment 5874

That'd certainly be the best one to get for expediting, I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, looks like the med roof may only come on the short wb, and the high roof comes only on the long wb, in either standard or extended length.

At least that's what I get from the image.

I had a moment to look at this image and it looks as though there are 4 possibilities.

SWB Low Roof, SWB Med Roof
LWB High Roof Regular Body, LWB High Roof - Extended Body.

Once you get to the LWB, it's high roof only. Depending on the loadable length, I think the LWB regular would fit nicely.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yep, that's certainly what the image seems to indicate, though other readers feel otherwise and have heard that the lwb will come in all three roof heights.

Who knows for sure...even the article doesn't definitively say( just says two lengths and three roof heights.

Long wb and med roof ht is, like others have said, what I'd go for.

If its available.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
What do you think pricing will be? As much as sprinter, but lower maintenance costs?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would hope the Ecoboost would be several thousand less than a Sprinter as well as much lower operating/maintenance costs, the diesel much closer but hopefully still lower.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll take one lwb med roof to go please.
I agree! I'm 5'10 so 72" to the roof bows or even to the roof skin would work for me. Plenty of clearance for freight, enough headroom with insulation and less of a hit on fuel mileage due to height.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at odds with Ford's description of a 148" wheelbase as being long. I've got 155" wheelbase with just under 12' of cargo space. I like the 14' of cargo length in the Ford. I'd like it even better on 155-160" wheelbase. I guess 148" is better than 136" with a 14' length.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
"A high-roof option — which bumps the vehicle height to 110.2” while providing 81.5” of vertical space in the cargo hold – is only available on the long-wheelbase Transit. Long-wheelbase models boast a 147.6” wheelbase, and are available in either a standard-length (237.6”) or extended-length (266.1”) form. Extended-length models are available only with the high roof, and are the only Transit cargo van models available with dual rear wheels. If you’re looking for cargo space, these extended-length, long-wheelbase Transits have it in spades – in fact, Ford says there’s nearly 496 cubic feet of cargo space within.

How does that stack against the competition? The Sprinter comes closest, as it’s available in both 144- and 170-inch wheelbases. The short-wheelbase version has an overall length of 232.5”, while the long wheelbase version is available in 273.2- and 289.2-inch lengths. Roof options consist only of a 96.3-inch and a 110-inch height. Conversely, Nissan’s NV comes in only one length – 146.1” wheelbase, 240.6” overall length – but both 83.9- and 105-inch roofs are available."

Read more: 2014 Ford Transit: U.S. Models Gain Three Engines, Two Wheelbases, Three Roof Heights - Rumor Central
Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook

Still not a floor measurement though.

jimmy

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good pic of an extended one. Looks like it might be a bit shorter than a 170" Sprinter? As long as it has a bit over 12' it'll work for me.

transit.jpg