2009 vs. 2008

aileron

Expert Expediter
I am fixing to wrap up the year 2009 and I did a quick comparison of 2009 with 2008.

I would like to see something like this from other expediters. I don't want real numbers, or dollars, just percentages.

These are the numbers for 2009 compared to 2008.

Number of loads: 83%
Loaded miles: 73%
All miles: 80%
Revenue: 69%
Bottom line: (TBD)

So, how yours look like?

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL!! I know how that is. I don't have percentages yet, but my numbers look similar just glancing at them.

Our bottom line is very different than last year or any year for that matter. It was by far our best year in this business. We made more in real total dollars than any other year and a much better ratio of gross to net.

Why? I think we are finally learning just how to control costs, we are better at deciding which loads to take and we had fewer truck problems than last year.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I made a move in second half of 2008 and put another truck on the road. Unfortunately it didn't quire workout as well as hoped but it did prove that I was correct in the basic idea because as the recession lowered call quantities and price cuts started to appear, I kept my income in the same area. 2009 will, looking at the numbers, not be so good as income does not look at all like it went up. So looking forward to increasing revenue. I did some cost cutting over the year and there is little more to cut.
Rob