2003 Ford E-250 steering vibration

klkpro

Expert Expediter
Can you drive fast enough to make it go away? ...not that I would advise anyone to break the law, but this is one of the diagnostic tools we used to troubleshoot at the shop I worked at. Also, a ford dealer in the area here has a $60k!?!...? Hunter GSP 9700 (with road force measurement) balancing machine that reported other balancing data such as road force that even an apparently properly balanced tire could have that could cause a shake. The dealership is Superior Ford in Plymouth MN and they are better than most. Just a thought.

Karl

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
>I get no difference in the vibration when I brake. It seems
>to be related to the speed and road surface somehow. I have
>rotated my tires front to back early on after first noticing
>a slight vibration, but since then I have put a new set of
>tires on the front and they have not been on the back yet.
>I may rotate them to the back just for the heck of it to see
>what the result is. Kind of doubt its gonna do anything,
>but anything is worth a try.

Well, if you have changed the tires, had brake work done/braking does not affect it sure sounds like you have a worn suspension part issue. I'm puzzled at this point.

--
Mike N

us_roadrunner

Expert Expediter
Well I wanted to update this thread a bit. I am still having the front end shake/vibration problem and after a final attempt by the dealer to do an adjustment on the "steering gear" I have left it sitting at the dealership and am in conversation with a Ford customer relations representative regarding this issue. I will update as I find out more. In the mean time I have made the leap to a new Dodge Sprinter van. The Ford diesel has a good history, but with the problems I've encountered with my Ford van I'm going to stay away from them for the time being. I will also update the forum with any good or bad things that I come across regarding the Sprinter. If nothing else it should help to lower my fuel expenses!

Brian

aka us_roadrunner

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
As long as that Ford is still under warranty, I would not stop dealing with their customer relations until you get satisfaction with the issue. In my past dealings with them I have reached acceptable solutions, but it took 6-8 months. That doesn't do a lot of good when you can't even use the vehicle. Some of your state lemon laws might also apply with a new van and low miles like that, check into it.
-Weave-

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I had tranny problems with a Ford F350 that took forever and a day to get resolved. Even though it took that long Ford finally did take care of the thing. Silly that you should have to go through flaming hoops to get them to stand behind their products. :(

And this is why I am buying GM now.

--
Mike N