$2.50 to $3.00

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I wanted to see an actual thread on this instead of going under another post regarding a different thread.

So all of those who know where and how to find this kinda paying loads (consitant) were all ears/eyes.

Please elaberate in DETAIL... wana know more.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Sure... if you have a t/t. Otherwise, those loads are as scarse as leprechauns... unless you're FXCC. I'm sure ateam has gotten some, along with most of their contractors. It's pretty obvious... when things get desperate, and money is no object, call FXCC. Other than that, I doubt that kind of bread is out there for Ds.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There are some souces out there, but if they were revealed in a public forum, everybody and their brother would be on them like vultures. At that point, they wouldn't be in the $2.50 to $3.00 range anymore. Some require special handling but many don't.

THawk is correct. A Team is the only driver I know that is getting over $3.00 per ALL loaded miles. He has posted this in the "Hours of service concerns" thread. If he and his owner are receiving over $3.00 per loaded mile as he states, that means Fedex is charging the customer between $5.00 and $6.00 per loaded mile.
It is funny how Fedex only gives these loads to him. That is a much better average than anyone I know there. Impressive to say the least.
It certainly is a better mile per average than I have been able to achieve with my straight trucks.
I can't imagine how he does it.:7

Davekc
owner
21 years

tiredofsittn

Expert Expediter
you wouldnt see those rates all the time and you wont ever see them if your company pays by the mile. you got to be on % otherwise the company is making all the extra profit.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What would you guys/gals say if I were to tell you I did and still do receive $2.50/$3.00 per loaded mile using a cargo van?

Remember now I'm not a leased driver, but am a small company of my own. I don't do Canada, or do I do chemical Has-Mat.

The paid loaded mile to the cargo van is 75% and even 80%, depending on the circumstances. When awarded a $3.00 per mile load the IC Driver is getting $2.40 per loaded mile.

Most of this freight is from the airport to a hospital within 100 miles.

Although we do get them, it isn't all that often. I'd say at most about 8 to 10 trips per year.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I believe it. Those are also concidered minis tho. I try to get $200-$250 for runs under 100 mi. I don't have much luck around Detroit, cause most of these dweebs competing got less than that... which isn't worth the time or chance to get a big run.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I am with DaveKC. They exist but they are not talked about for vary good reason.
There are loads that pay that and better for Dunits. The company I run for was just talking about those when I was in the office earlier this week.
I have never carried them, well one, but that has been it. Too many people run for nothing. Few shippers have to pay a good rate to ship anything.

Raceman
OTR O/O