THE CHIP HOUSING OF THE SENSOR.
Consequence:
WHEN THIS HAPPENS, THE VEHICLES MAY LOSE POWER RATHER THAN ENTER A
LIMP-HOME MODE. IN ADDITION, THE VEHICLE CANNOT BE RESTARTED AFTER
FAILURE OF THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION IN THE SENSOR, INCREASING THE RISK
OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANKSHAFT SENSORS. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO
BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SPRINTER AT 1-843-695-5000.
Notes:
CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY
ADMINISTRATION¿S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY
1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
wow mine is out as we speak, its a 2005, been in the shop for 2 days now, was ideling at the flying j in indy and it just stalled, got towed up to champion automotive, on the north loop of 465, they did a diagnostic which showed nothing, so after another 4 hours they decided it was the sensor...of course there isnt one available in indiana, has to come out of chicago, part will be here friday at 0930, total cost for part, installation,and diagnostics??? 995.00 part needed thru Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto 75.00 quite a big difference..first breakdown on the sprinter and hopefully the last...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It didn't even throw out an error code???

Ya know honda...just maybe this sensor thing is an old issue and just got revealed now,,,especially if the 05 sensor is the same as the 07.....just maybe you could fight it out with DC to see if they'll include it in the recall???? Could be worth a try??

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Mine already broke back in November. I was down for nine days, because part was national back order. I was fortunate enough to roll into my favorite dealership in San Antonio where I had a place to live. For those who haven't broke down yet--the vehicle will stall while under a full gallop. Dash warnings will say something about cruise control being cut off and something else I don't remember. The vehicle did restart. My final run to the shop and the vehicle was stalling every ten miles and getting worse. From the sound of it the hard part of the job is removing the sensor. Reinstalling is a five minute job.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I've since had a chance to pull up my receipts. My whole bill for replacing the sensor was $197. I'm taking my receipt and work order back to the dealership.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honda...look at EB's post....some difference!!! 995 to 197???? Sounds like you should be complaining abit.

EB....let us know what dealer says or does????

With 261000 on my 05 I maybe next!!!