Cargo Van So You Found a Less Expensive Progressive Policy?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have CIS. Struck a deer. Called CIS. Their reply was call Progressive and file a claim. I'm like no :censoredsign:. So that's what ya get for the extra premium cost?
What do you mean extra premium cost? The price they charge is what progessive charges no different. I am suprised though everyone I know who had a claim with then was very happy how helpful they were.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The person giving the advice on the phone was exactly right call progressive if you have a claim it says right on the policy with the one 800 number if you have a claim nothing wrong

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
We have CIS. Struck a deer. Called CIS. Their reply was call Progressive and file a claim. I'm like no :censoredsign:. So that's what ya get for the extra premium cost?

Again, there is no premium cost. An agent can't control the rates.

I don't think very many, if any, underinsured owner/operators or the carriers who allow them to run loads, are going to post any "Look at me, I'm skirting the rules!" replies on this.

I suppose you are right.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Cis is a broker like most insurance sales they don't pay anything out however they should step up and help if it's needed. My 48' trailer was broken into in my shops lot and stolen was over 20 grand of gear , I called my agent he called the insuring company and a claim was files I got a check for the full amount in less than 45 days ( had to wait on sheriff report to them confirming it. I thought that was great service! Not progressive by the way! I have 3 vehicles insured for 1 mil cargo for 300k unlimited radius no violations or accidents costs me 8000 a year that also includes full protection for my business liability fire and theft full value depreciation isn't taken, I am happy with them my business liability coverage is 3 million. It's a good deal think bundle bundle bundle......

1 million cargo and 300k ?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Sorry dyslexic kicked in 1 mill vehicle liability and 300k cargo with 3 mill business liability

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

To keep it short, when my truck was hit John went well beyond what I would expect of any agent. They have always provide a better level of service then most.
Just my 2 cents worth

Reactions: jelliott

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
What do you mean extra premium cost? The price they charge is what progessive charges no different. I am suprised though everyone I know who had a claim with then was very happy how helpful they were.
I assumed we pay more for using CIS rather then if we went thru progressive directly. Obviously CIS makes something. I was using 'premium' loosely.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I never had any problems with CIS. They helped me when I hit a deer and also when I lost it on an icy bridge and pin balled in between the guard rails. They paid the towing bill from the scene of the accident to the tire shop (I had to have both front tires replaced because the front bumper was bent into them) and they paid for the tires and everything else. My rates also were not raised for the rest of that year. I did get a substantially higher quote a year later, but I was already out of business by that point in time. I understand that the rates aren't going to remain low forever with all of the deer hits that are becoming a common thing in todays driving environment. I would use CIS for my bobtail insurance if I ever go back to driving again, but I probably won't ever have my own liability or cargo insurance ever again. It's simply not worth It In a cargo van. Expediting is supposed to be a fun job, so let the carrier worry about insurance, billing, and winning loads. I just want to drive and hang out with other drivers.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
that's why I like ceva they have a great insurance company and they work hard at getting us a great price
going thru ceva they use the number to get a great price