Gays can now marry..

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
So many "hiding' their ugliness [though not as well as they think] behind the Christian label that it's in danger of becoming a code word for "intolerant bigot".
I've always thought the Golden Rule is sufficient unto the day, but maybe it ought to have one teensy disclaimer: does not apply to masochists! :eek:

So if I read this right, I am an intolerant bigot? If erring on the side of caution involving children, I guess I should get the T-shirt. Called a couple of my gay friends to validate my position BTW. I am now a bigot, masochist, redneck, homophobe and soon to be labeled misogynist.

I am none of the above. I am a southern boy that thinks kids should go out and play, that little girls should be encouraged to dance, that boys should learn to play baseball, that we should all give grace when momma prepares dinner, I believe in Disney, Beach days and long lasting hugs that validate our station in life. I believe in Hunting, Fishing and talking to your mom when you have female stuff going on with your body. I want to be the 1'st dance at your wedding, your Rock and the guy you call when all others have let you down. Note I left son out (he has been and will always be momma's boy, that is of course till he hits the minor leagues. This is my America, worked pretty damn good till hope and change made it to the scene.

What if I told you that I don't have a problem with any gay person? What if I told you I had a problem with children being able to fit into the new America? When Bob and Dick show up to Parents night (tongue and cheek) or Barb and Twila for that matter. The New Merica is well, not mainstream, not yet anyway. So here kid go out and tell your friends you are the new Merica, accept me and BTW can I play with you. This is my point and my opposition to your new world order.

What if I told you that, I don't like your Government? What if I told you I abhor your "Hope and Change" and the ideology that your personal feelings should infringe on mine. Not because I don't like Gays, *******, *****, effing Mormons, Natural Indians (got a list here hold on). Never mind. Your so far left you will never see I am right.
In the end, I get sick and effing tired trying to validate my and your position. This Government that is sworn to protect and serve the America we are privileged to live in, sold us out years ago. We move forward on any and all agendas that guarantee the next elective vote.

In the end, I have loved and admired many different people, and although I don't go to church I love all mankind in their time of need. That is all that was ever asked of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I read several things on that website that clearly show some bias. This is not a neutral source of information.
The America College of Pediatricians is a non-profit special interest lobbying group that lobbies mostly for traditional family values with a mommy and a daddy as the parents.

They are part of a growing trend of special interest lobbying advocacy groups to create misleading names with respect to what they actually stand for. For example, the Human Rights Campaign isn't about human rights at all, it's about advocating for gay rights.

Reactions: mrgoodtude

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Yeah, gays can be racist, too. :eek:

I believe that comment falls into the category mentioned in the text after this post.

We have added an update to the Code of Conduct, specifically item #17 dealing with the Soapbox.

We've tried to keep it low rule, but we've had to add a couple due to some issues lately.

This addition will apply to all current and future members as of today.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I believe that comment falls into the category mentioned in the text after this post.
Then you believe in far too much. The Confederate flag is pure racism. You posted the Rainbow version of the Confederate flag. That's tbe gay version of pure racism, and stating that gays CAN Be racist isn't even remotely insulting to an individual or an entire group, unless someone is looking really, really hard to be offended, so hard, in fact, that they have to invent things to be offended about.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, this administration is going to be transparent alright, going to make sure performing gay marriage isn't forced on anyone. Yeah, right. That didn't take long. That's the problem with anything this administration is involved in.
This administration isn't involved in that case, and the reason it didn't take long is because that's an old story from like 2 years ago.

Reactions: RLENT

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So if I read this right, I am an intolerant bigot? If erring on the side of caution involving children, I guess I should get the T-shirt. Called a couple of my gay friends to validate my position BTW. I am now a bigot, masochist, redneck, homophobe and soon to be labeled misogynist.

I am none of the above. I am a southern boy that thinks kids should go out and play, that little girls should be encouraged to dance, that boys should learn to play baseball, that we should all give grace when momma prepares dinner, I believe in Disney, Beach days and long lasting hugs that validate our station in life. I believe in Hunting, Fishing and talking to your mom when you have female stuff going on with your body. I want to be the 1'st dance at your wedding, your Rock and the guy you call when all others have let you down. Note I left son out (he has been and will always be momma's boy, that is of course till he hits the minor leagues. This is my America, worked pretty **** good till hope and change made it to the scene.

What if I told you that I don't have a problem with any gay person? What if I told you I had a problem with children being able to fit into the new America? When Bob and Dick show up to Parents night (tongue and cheek) or Barb and Twila for that matter. The New Merica is well, not mainstream, not yet anyway. So here kid go out and tell your friends you are the new Merica, accept me and BTW can I play with you. This is my point and my opposition to your new world order.

What if I told you that, I don't like your Government? What if I told you I abhor your "Hope and Change" and the ideology that your personal feelings should infringe on mine. Not because I don't like Gays, *******, *****, effing Mormons, Natural Indians (got a list here hold on). Never mind. Your so far left you will never see I am right.
In the end, I get sick and effing tired trying to validate my and your position. This Government that is sworn to protect and serve the America we are privileged to live in, sold us out years ago. We move forward on any and all agendas that guarantee the next elective vote.

In the end, I have loved and admired many different people, and although I don't go to church I love all mankind in their time of need. That is all that was ever asked of me.

The only problem with your position are the number of kids who aren't being adopted by 'mainstream' couples. They are older, nonCaucasian, physically handicapped, have some "issues", or whatever - but they're being passed over, time and time again.
These are the kids that gay couples adopt [according to my reading], and they do as well as their counterparts with traditional parents. They do a whole lot better than kids adopted by such scum of the earth 'Christians' as Justin Harris, that's for dam sure. It's because I care about kids that I think those who want to raise them should have a chance, because those who don't already are.
As far as guaranteeing the next elective vote, if this is what the majority of Americans want, [as it appears to be], isn't that what a representative democracy is supposed to achieve?
The whole issue is unfolding just like when interracial marriage became legal, and many people thought it was the end of civilization - it's not.

Reactions: Windsor

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
There you go again ASSUMING something you know nothing about.
It's good thing there are little forums like this for people to feel important on.
I hope I can meet you one day and just when you your getting comfortable I let you know who I really am.
PEACE BRO.....DON'T BE A HATER.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah, this administration is going to be transparent alright, going to make sure performing gay marriage isn't forced on anyone. Yeah, right. That didn't take long. That's the problem with anything this administration is involved in.

http://libertyfirstnews.com/city-th...ters-who-refuse-to-perform-same-sex-weddings/

It says right in the article that they are operating a "for profit" business, not a ministry, which makes the nondiscrimination laws applicable. They weren't forced to operate that business, they chose it, including the applicable laws.

If it's ok for bakers and florists to refuse to serve gays, how about doctors and nurses and volunteer firefighters?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There you go again ASSUMING something you know nothing about.
What are you talking about? I didn't assume anything. Are you implying that I am clueless about Rainbow Confederates or something?

It's good thing there are little forums like this for people to feel important on.
I suppose. But if that's somehow directed at me, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

I hope I can meet you one day and just when you your getting comfortable I let you know who I really am.
I don't even know what that means. Is your name that shocking or something?

PEACE BRO.....DON'T BE A HATER.
Is that a general sentiment, or is that directed at me for some reason? The reason I ask is, I'm not a hater. I don't accept with glee and embrace homosexuality as normal, but I don't hate homosexuals, either.

Reactions: aquitted

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah, gays can be racist, too. :eek:

They can. And they can be jerks, and they can be stupid, too. Because they're just like the rest of us, except in one respect - and that one respect is not worth treating them as "less than" anyone else, because it cannot harm anyone else.

Reactions: Windsor