Gays can now marry..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Paulnstef: I can't imagine why they would be, as it's religion [esp conservative Christians] that says they're "wrong", but you are correct: some are.
My point was that you can't say that gay parents shouldn't adopt kids, when so many have already, and proven the kids do just fine. Gay parents understand that the kids need role models of both genders, same as any good single parent.
People like Rep Harris - they're a real danger to kids, and where's the outrage?

Reactions: Windsor

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
l have no issues with children being adopted and raised by any loving couple. Their sex matters not one bit to me. One's sexuality makes no difference to ones religious preferences. Although often times the practice of both causes tremendous difficulties. Though not a Christian, l think the teachings in the bible can be summed up in one simple yet powerful statement. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. lt seems to me this simple message gets lost in all of the politicized christian rhetoric, and many Christians hide their intolerance, ignorance, and hatred behind their religion and their bible.

EDlT: l usually stay out of this kind of stuff and stick with my one liners looking for a like. THis kind of post, makes people look for the unlike button.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So many "hiding' their ugliness [though not as well as they think] behind the Christian label that it's in danger of becoming a code word for "intolerant bigot".
I've always thought the Golden Rule is sufficient unto the day, but maybe it ought to have one teensy disclaimer: does not apply to masochists! :eek:

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Personally, I don't give a **** if Paul loves Peter, have at it and let your chips fall where they may. What I do take issue with is same sex couples raising kids. This country is screwed enough without cultivating gender "WTF" adults.
Yeah I know, let me have it, give me the orphans deserve a family argument, tell me there is no God (if there was obviously there would be no orphans). At the end of the day a child doesn't need pseudo love anymore than they need heroin, cigarettes or beer. A child doesn't benefit other than a roof, from a same sex couple that feels the need to "complete" their union with an innocent. Sorry not sorry.

My granddaughter, informed me the other week, whilst showing me her Honor Roll report that they are no longer taught to write script. ?????
She can sign her little name, but cannot write for me a short story on paper. She can spat one out on a printer in Sans Serif, yet she sadly cannot write. I thought to myself, wow the end is here already. How can we expect ours to document history, when they do not know how?

When a cyber worm like Stuxnet destroys our data forever, and artificial intelligence becomes aware of itself, there will be "no history" of mankind and of this age. (Food for thought)
Will the soul survivors be Betty, Bonnie and some kid named Ralph?
What if Betty and Bonnie cycle at the same time and kill poor little Ralph?
The world will surely perish with the dinosaurs.
I submit, that there should be an amendment to this ruling from our demigod wanna bee's. For the sake of humanity, require every same sex union that wants to adopt, to introduce a third and opposite sex member, for purposes of procreation and balancing the scales. A Jack tripper/ Three's company scenario if you will.
I am Mike and I am throwing my hat in the ring for 2016 (hell everyone else has).
Many children of heterosexual parents are gay or lesbian. Raised in all sets of religion and of all colors.
Many people will say one chooses the life style, when it a very small percentage and of that a tramatic event changed the child's, young adults path.
Most people would be surprised at what soccer mom's went home to her "wife" or the soldiers that for fight for our United States go home and lay next to his husband or lover.
Get use to it or wear blinders.
WE ARE EVERYWHERE!

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe they are everywhere. Maybe every other person is gay. It's amazing how many Mazdas there are. I didn't know it and never thought so but now that I have mine I see them everywhere. Then again, maybe gays are more like Deloreans and Bricklins. They are a real thing and they exist but they aren't produced and aren't that common.

Reactions: quadflyer1

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was homosexual shortened to the first 4 letters did not think that would be incencative maybe I should have just said Sodomites?

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I had a child naturally and she has grown up more mature a normal than most of the kids around her. Our unit is Christian with with good work ethics and non judgemental.
She has been raise to give people respect and not judge on race, religion or sexual preference.
She is 100% heterosexual and 100% non-hater.

Reactions: RLENT and ysracer

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah. Usually, when homo is used with just the 4 letters instead of the complete "homosexual," it's usually used in a derogatory, disgust-filled manner, in the same way that all things fag are used. Homophobic (whatever that means today) slurs is not something we want to promote here, whether they be directed at a particular group as a whole or at an individual EO member. Those words aren't really blocked as profanity, but more because they are most often used as a pejorative.

On a side note, The Complete Homosexual is now available at Barnes and Noble and other fine bookstores.

Probably.