Has anyoe heard of On Call Logistics?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The same way it goes on for people who get laid off without any notice
The same way it goes when people lose their possessions in their homes to natural disasters life goes on

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I imagine some of those guys who signed on with Rich did so because they seen his posts on the EO And thought he seems like a nice guy meanwhile he doesn't know crap how to run a business...

Reactions: golfournut

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I mean look at me I seen Murray and signed on with him LOL
You forgot your poking stick.

333771263_CIMG2937_xlarge.png

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Yeah it is disgusting behavior what this carrier has done to its drivers and you are here defending them. That says a lot about you doesn't it?

I never defended him at all. He said that he got focused on trying to out earn his mistakes and fell behind but he is getting things back track. There was no ripoff, scam, or bad intentions here. I'm just saying that there is no point in gloating and celebrating over another person's troubles, especially when those troubles can hurt others. He was humble enough to step up and say that he made mistakes so there is no reason to keep going after him. If he came on here and defended poor business decisions or showed that he didn't care about paying people then there would be something to go after him about.

Reactions: xiggi

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
Yeah, it was like he was making some sort of corporate business announcement. Just like last year when they thought getting decals and Sylectus PRO was going to propel them into the top 5 carrier category. If carriers are owed money and filing of the old broker bond, that means someone is coming after the company for money. It doesn't matter what drivers are owed money, the collection agencies will take whatever is in front of them and pay off those carriers who are owed money. This doesn't sound like a driver friendly business environment. But, heck, he still claims his drivers are getting miles. I guess you can screw up everything and the brokers will still give you loads if you bid them cheap enough. Any how, I just wanted people think twice about who they decide to do business with.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I never defended him at all. He said that he got focused on trying to out earn his mistakes and fell behind but he is getting things back track. There was no ripoff, scam, or bad intentions here. I'm just saying that there is no point in gloating and celebrating over another person's troubles, especially when those troubles can hurt others. He was humble enough to step up and say that he made mistakes so there is no reason to keep going after him. If he came on here and defended poor business decisions or showed that he didn't care about paying people then there would be something to go after him about.

Buying decals to put on your own trucks instead of paying the drivers IS an intentional act to scam and rip off. Especially when continuing to dispatch loads to those that would take them.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Possibly, but his post read more like a part of an SEC filing to allay investor fears and stall the SEC. :D

Yes but the bad decisions were acknowledged. He certainly wants to keep business going so he wants to try and avoid panic about drivers not getting paid. Slow pay is easier to keep people running loads for you than no pay so he would certainly want to get that out there. Not that you or I would ever drive for a slow paying company but many will.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Buying decals to put on your own trucks instead of paying the drivers IS an intentional act to scam and rip off. Especially when continuing to dispatch loads to those that would take them.

If it happened that is a poor business decision because he didn't set things up to intentionally not pay people. I had talked to him about signing my van on there at one time but it didn't workout. At that time I was advised that I was responsible for buying decals on my own, not sure if or when that would have changed.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

"I never defended him at all" but - saying "He was humble enough to step up and say that he made mistake so there is no reason to keep going after him" IS defending him, absolutely.
Whether he deserves defending, I don't know, but I doubt it. Like Turtle says, his comments just smack of hiding something, somewhere.
Personally, I feel more sympathy for the drivers who didn't get paid [even if it was late, it can wreak havoc in one's life] than for the ambitious businessperson who bites off more than he can chew.