The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The Donald says that all these nasty allegations against him are totally untrue and utterly false and, and, and ... he has EVIDENCE ...

Which, of course, will be released at the "appropriate time".

What he didn't mention is that the appropriate time will be ... (wait for it) ...

... right after he releases his tax returns ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Muttly,

What do you figure the potential financial fallout could be from all this, for a guy whose wealth may well be in the form of value of his brand, his image ... as opposed to actual physical wealth ?

I'm guessing that it could be pretty devastating ... demand falls or disappears for the product one is pimping and all of a sudden you might have a crapload of expense and fixed overhead ... with a significantly reduced revenue stream to cover it.

Could be one of those Prince-to-Pauper deals ... almost overnight, to use a little hyperbole ...

I'll bet there is good reason he's not releasing those tax returns.

Reactions: Windsor

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Hillary and Trump are the two luckiest presidential candidates ever, as each is running against the only person they could possibly beat.

No Hillary is running against the only person she could possibly beat. Good job conservatives!

Reactions: RLENT

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
No need to wait. The answer is "yes" to not being a thread to blatantly for furthering an anti-Hillary agenda, as well. This is not really a thread designed or to be used to blatantly further an agenda.

Stating an opinion or taking a position, whether it is pro- or anti-, is fine. Welcomed, even. Slathering the thread with a bunch of "Hey, this makes so-and-so look bad! (or good)," especially when the posts contain links to other people's opinions, is blatantly furthering an agenda rather than attempting to further a discussion.

Really? There's an awful lot of what you just said that isn't supposed to be in this thread......in this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I dunno but rumor has it that The Donald is a big fan ...

They are friends. That's why Jay Z has been quiet in this election. Don't want to upset the peeps. Plus trump has enough problems, he don't need to be seen paling around with an ex drug dealer.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Muttly,

What do you figure the potential financial fallout could be from all this, for a guy whose wealth may well be in the form of value of his brand, his image ... as opposed to actual physical wealth ?

I'm guessing that it could be pretty devastating ... demand falls or disappears for the product one is pimping and all of a sudden you might have a crapload of expense and fixed overhead ... with a significantly reduced revenue stream to cover it.

Could be one of those Prince-to-Pauper deals ... almost overnight, to use a little hyperbole ...

Don't know what his financial situation will be if he loses the election. Probably will take a big financial hit. I will say this. If he does lose, it won't be because he didn't throw himself out there in the campaign so he wouldn't take any hits. He has taken a lot. For over a year now he has done a lot of interviews and held many rallies, He gets lambasted by the media, but doesn't back down. Keeps fighting.
Made quite a few mistakes in his campaign. But he's a novice politician. Has most of the media trying to destroy him. He hasn't quit though. I image some people might have a new found respect for a 70 year old guy who didn't really have to run for President and put himself through all this crap, but did anyway.

Reactions: Ftransit

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No need to wait. The answer is "yes" to not being a thread to blatantly for furthering an anti-Hillary agenda, as well. This is not really a thread designed or to be used to blatantly further an agenda.

Stating an opinion or taking a position, whether it is pro- or anti-, is fine. Welcomed, even. Slathering the thread with a bunch of "Hey, this makes so-and-so look bad! (or good)," especially when the posts contain links to other people's opinions, is blatantly furthering an agenda rather than attempting to further a discussion.
Really? There's an awful lot of what you just said that isn't supposed to be in this thread......in this thread
The slathering of the thread (flooding, spamming, etc.) in a blatant attempt to further an agenda? No there's not. And we want to keep it that way.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Because the MSN, in lockstep with Hillary's campaign, will go through the returns and pick and choose things they can create fake outrage with. It won't matter that the deductions are legal (we've already seen a bit of that), people will be looking for anything they can crucify him with. It would be a pure distraction. The only people who really care about a political candidate's tax returns are the opposing party campaigns and the press. The American people, by and large, couldn't care less about his or Hillary's or anyone else's. His returns will probably show he's paid little or no income tax for the last several years, and that will outrage the left, especially when the MSM tells them what all to be outraged at.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I challenge anyone to turn on CNN or MSNBC at any time of the day. It is pretty much anti Trump 24/7. They're in destroy Trump mode.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
......, especially when the MSM tells them what all to be outraged at.

Speaking of.......

Trump Supporters Launch Effort To Take The Right To Vote Away From Women
Remember when a Clinton supporter started the whole Birther Movement? Dismissed by the media as not having anything to do with Clinton herself. Look at the lede in the story above... (emphasis mine)
"If you were asking yourself, how could Donald Trump and his supporters could make things worse? The answer came in an effort by online Trump supporters take the right to vote away from women."

The MSM has been attacking Trump's supporters since January. They've stepped it up these last few months.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I challenge anyone to turn on CNN or MSNBC at any time of the day. It is pretty much anti Trump 24/7. They're in destroy Trump mode.

Nah ... they're in "Let's-cover-the-continuous/perpetual-train wreck/dumpster-fire" mode ...

They're doing what they do ... they covered him when he was making a spectacle of himself earlier in the race and probably found he was good for ratings.

They continue to cover him now ... while he continues to do so ... even as he - and some of his supporters - go places that make him and them seem as though he/they may be certifiably nuts.

Quite possibly for the very same reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Because the MSN, in lockstep with Hillary's campaign, will go through the returns and pick and choose things they can create fake outrage with.
Is it possible that there might be something in those returns that people rightly ought to be outraged about ?

Particularly given Mr. Trump's representations about his own financial condition and wealth ?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Don't know what his financial situation will be if he loses the election. Probably will take a big financial hit. I will say this. If he does lose, it won't be because he didn't throw himself out there in the campaign so he wouldn't take any hits. He has taken a lot. For over a year now he has done a lot of interviews and held many rallies, He gets lambasted by the media, but doesn't back down. Keeps fighting.
Made quite a few mistakes in his campaign. But he's a novice politician. Has most of the media trying to destroy him. He hasn't quit though. I image some people might have a new found respect for a 70 year old guy who didn't really have to run for President and put himself through all this crap, but did anyway.

Yeah, that's one take on it.

Another might be that he's a self-absorbed, egotistical narcissist that craves the limelight and suffers from delusions of grandeur ... with inclinations towards authoritarianism.