June and load one

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
After 4 days in El Paso, I think I will give Dallas a try. Lots of competition in El Paso (vans all over the place) Thanks guys.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well happy to announce we have hired a sales rep for Texas. Continuing to grow our sales team and the areas we have direct sales coverage in. He starts in two weeks then two weeks of training in Detroit then he will be hitting the streets. My theory is when things are slow cut and conserve where you can and push everything you can into sales and marketing.

With that....another day and another airplane for me. Off to the air cargo show to work the trade show booth, shake some hands and not kiss any babies.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yesterday we had a load offer to go to California. Since our truck does not have a DPF filter we can't go to California.
Today I looked on Sylectus and see I was dinged with a turn down.
Why should we get a turn down if we can't legally go to California? Our truck profile should show this and we should never be been offered the load.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think a truck can go to California but it is a limited number of times per year.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The note is on there now that you won't go to Ca but I don't think it was on there previously.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The only way we could go into California is with a pass that has to be applied for in advance. I was told it takes 3 to 4 days to get one. Our profile did show us not available for California but I think it was taken off when our truck profile was updated.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Did some research. It is a three day pass. It takes three days to get approved. Each company is only allowed one per year.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I know we have a number of trucks that have used it. Maybe one of them can post up how it worked. I think the "company" is the truck owner and not the carrier. I think.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Did some research. It is a three day pass. It takes three days to get approved. Each company is only allowed one per year.

Might be a good idea to post a separate thread in the general forum. Would be good info I would think for a lot of drivers.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Deliver in McAllen in the morning then going to Laredo. Dispatch should be able to book us a load from there.