May Flowers

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
<shrug> Pretty much the same thing that anyone will get banned for - a blatant disregard for the EO community rules of decorum and civility.

In his case more specifically, for repeated multiple violations of the Code of Conduct, openly disrespecting expedite motor carrier executives,

So I missed another banning? I thumbed thru the TOS and still wonder why expedite motor carrier executives can get you banned? So if I make a comment to, Mr I own a brokerage firm, and if he don't like it that's cause for getting banned? Are they not suppose to be big boys also and not get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with them or makes a comment about their company? Last I knew they put their pants on just like everyone else. Not everyone is friends with the folks they work with anymore then they are friends with the drivers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I missed another banning? I thumbed thru the TOS and still wonder why expedite motor carrier executives can get you banned? So if I make a comment to, Mr I own a brokerage firm, and if he don't like it that's cause for getting banned? Are they not suppose to be big boys also and not get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with them or makes a comment about their company? Last I knew they put their pants on just like everyone else. Not everyone is friends with the folks they work with anymore then they are friends with the drivers.
interesting eh?....what Turtle should have said....is openly disrespecting another "member" because being an executive should have no influence on what punishment is handed out....we are ALL equal here and our opinions are equally welcomed...

and the oddball thing about the TOS....is the executive protection clause for EO....a decision of action can not be discussed in open forum....talk about a muzzle....

11. Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum.
Such matters shall remain private between the moderators, administrators and the member. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging (the Conversations feature). Likewise, discussions regarding moderator or administrator actions are not permitted on the forum.

Edit: After closer examination...There is no such special privilege.."openly disrespecting a Motor carrier executive".....As I thought.....Just disrespecting a fellow member....

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
mine are good till Jan 31/17..I do not want to renew them.....but thinking I'll hang in till next spring and then bow out....
If your that close, why put yourself thru another season of winter driving? If economics will allow it, don't take that chance and get out on a safe and good note. Don't take that final risk.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your that close, why put yourself thru another season of winter driving? If economics will allow it, don't take that chance and get out on a safe and good note. Don't take that final risk.
I love the cool of winter....the Espar is a great invention.....I hate the heat/humidity of summer...I have not really driven much of winter....when there is a storm I go out of service till it blows over and the cleanup is being done....and My snow tires have 1 more yr of good tread...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I love the cool of winter....the Espar is a great invention.....I hate the heat/humidity of summer...I have not really driven much of winter....when there is a storm I go out of service till it blows over and the cleanup is being done....and My snow tires have 1 more yr of good tread...
And you get to dust when you retire....lol

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I might have to get my own Deere!! big faster more powerful.....grrrrowl snort hoot hoot! LOL
I know you occasionally haul parts to those, maybe you can buy at a discounted rate 1 part at a time until you can assemble one yourself maybe? Gives you about a yr or so to do it....just a thought.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know you occasionally haul parts to those, maybe you can buy at a discounted rate 1 part at a time until you can assemble one yourself maybe? Gives you about a yr or so to do it....just a thought.
I don't do Deere anymore....the "Banned" guy does.....LOL

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I really don't think they know what the rates are, one owner does a interview in EO now magazine stating cargo vans average 1.10 a mile.. I've tried to get it but they always say no?? Then how do we average that number? And well you know about the recent changes.
It average to what the gross is including the carrier fees

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
interesting eh?....what Turtle should have said....is openly disrespecting another "member" because being an executive should have no influence on what punishment is handed out....we are ALL equal here and our opinions are equally welcomed...

and the oddball thing about the TOS....is the executive protection clause for EO....a decision of action can not be discussed in open forum....talk about a muzzle....

11. Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum.
Such matters shall remain private between the moderators, administrators and the member. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging (the Conversations feature). Likewise, discussions regarding moderator or administrator actions are not permitted on the forum.

Edit: After closer examination...There is no such special privilege.."openly disrespecting a Motor carrier executive".....As I thought.....Just disrespecting a fellow member....
Just my 9-1/2 ¢. I enjoy "Mr Banned's" posts. Like many of you he has offered me very good advice. That being said, to me, it boils down to civility or lack of. Today you go to resteraunts with your partner and you are subject to unbelievable language that is acceptable. We have become an angry society. Not to cross over into a political rant. Just look and listen. Things are being said openly that destroy what our values used to be. Again, a total lack of civility. So if the "want to be leader" of the free world shows a total lack of respect for others than why should this forum be any different ? If you accept the dialogue in our society today then we might as well eliminate ALL rules and censorship on the forum. Heck, let's even talk about Turtle's hand size, or is a fin?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And you get to dust when you retire....lol
omg-what-have-i-done.jpg