February 2016 locations

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE arrived at receiver, closed on Fridays Dispatch: OH, didn't we tell you that?
Wow .... no not surprised .... its just that i mentioned in your PM to Beware .... and i am guessing Tricky Ricky or Dimwit Dave set you up on this good run .... good luck getting extra $$ ... as i was told before You accepted the load ... you sit on it ...
PS ... about to check-out of motel in Evansville ,in.... hopefully this helped the Cough - Cold problem..

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not much to report. Enjoyed the room and the lobstah, then went home last Thursday. Since then, getting the rust repaired over the windshield so that Safelite will replace it, then I can get the van inspected. Taxes done as well. Tentative return to duty on the 22nd after refund comes in.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow .... no not surprised .... its just that i mentioned in your PM to Beware .... and i am guessing Tricky Ricky or Dimwit Dave set you up on this good run .... good luck getting extra $$ ... as i was told before You accepted the load ... you sit on it ...
PS ... about to check-out of motel in Evansville ,in.... hopefully this helped the Cough - Cold problem..
if the receiving wasn't open but the plant was....I'd be dropping right there....:p

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What!!! Receiving closed. Was plant in operation? Any cars in the lot? I'd be trying everything in my bag of tricks to get that load off.
I've been to plants where the receiving was closed...but other arrangements were made someone knows its coming....just have to find them..find the plant manager if you must!! he knows money! ..if they resist just tell them it'll cost them at least $250 a day to stay on your truck for storage...that sometimes motivates them....chuckles

Reactions: Treadmill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
How did you guess it was Ricky? The new dispatch shows earliest and latest delivery. Earliest was yesterday, latest is 8AM Monday. Dispatch says they didn't know customer was closed today. Funny thing is they called me this AM because XPO wanted to know if we delivered yet? Regardless, I wait on my dime until Monday.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How did you guess it was Ricky? The new dispatch shows earliest and latest delivery. Earliest was yesterday, latest is 8AM Monday. Dispatch says they didn't know customer was closed today. Funny thing is they called me this AM because XPO wanted to know if we delivered yet? Regardless, I wait on my dime until Monday.
find the plant manager....!!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What!!! Receiving closed. Was plant in operation? Any cars in the lot? I'd be trying everything in my bag of tricks to get that load off.
Had that happen once on Sat. Morning direct load ... No One there except a Lady in bookkeeping .... she said if i could unload with forklift .. she would sign paperwork ... i openned all doors for her and backed in .... oh oh ... a standup forklift ... never did one before ... i asked her to stand back while i practiced alittle .... took a couple minutes but got freight out ... thanked her and left ....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had that happen once on Sat. Morning direct load ... No One there except a Lady in bookkeeping .... she said if i could unload with forklift .. she would sign paperwork ... i openned all doors for her and backed in .... oh oh ... a standup forklift ... never did one before ... i asked her to stand back while i practiced alittle .... took a couple minutes but got freight out ... thanked her and left ....
Should of called me. Had 12 yrs experience on one of those. A matter of fact we had two different ones. One with right hand steering and one with backward steering.

Reactions: ntimevan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Yes, you should have called Treadmill. LOL!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p:p:p:p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The hotdog bun conspiracy. I Always end up with too many left over or not enough. In this case not enough. I hate going to the store for 1 package as my basket always looks like this when I leave

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1455297914.285906.jpg