October Locations And Other Chit Chat

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Anyone have any luck getting a load in the Brownsville area?

Loads come out of Brownsville all of the time. Loads come out of all of the border areas. Most of the loads that come out of Brownsville, Eagle Pass, Etc. are all picking up in a hurry. There usually isn't enough time for the Laredo crowd to deadhead in to get the load. If you are sitting right on top of it, you're in like Flint. You're also a team truck, which is usually what most shippers request in that particular area. The only downside is that there isn't a lot of decent places to sit in Brownsville. Good luck!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
towmater-sandwich.jpg

I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park!! Beep beep!

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was on my way up here to pick up the load.
Saw the most loving, heart-warming sight in of all places a Cemetery in Palmira Sp? Palmyra, Michigan.
You know how when your driving and you see something and then you take a second look because it's not the usual thing to see right there?
I'll never for the life of me forget what I saw in those 15 seconds at 50 mph.
A Large Headstone with Balloons, Streamers, and all kinds of Decorations on it. A Woman, much younger than I seated in her Lounge Chair nearby.
But that wasn't all. The Huge shade tree near the Plot had decorations on it too. Blankets and a Cooler I recall seeing and the most memorable sight that just got my heart were the four children, say under 10 yrs. of age, holding hands and running in a circle, chanting something and having fun!!!
My assumption was this was a Birthday Celebration with and for the Deceased. Man, how I wish my Route took me back that way but I will suffice with the Memory and the Sharing of it here! I'd love to go and hug them all! Bless their HUGE Loving Hearts!
GottaGoNow and Deliver....just a Shorty but goody 188 miles. Enjoy your Memories!

Reactions: fastman_1