June 2015 Locations & Logic

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was referring to the motel rates....LOL
hey ken hope all is well in the world of expediting every now and then I come in here and read
the posts and at times I miss the road but since I left the crazy world of expediting I got to spend
more time with my kids and have somewhat of a normal life being home every night is normal to
me lol........

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey ken hope all is well in the world of expediting every now and then I come in here and read
the posts and at times I miss the road but since I left the crazy world of expediting I got to spend
more time with my kids and have somewhat of a normal life being home every night is normal to
me lol........
You lucky dog I am oh so close from giving this up

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
remember those outdoor cookouts...a group of drivers that didn't even know each other would get together...sit around in our chairs and laugh and joke...from all different carriers......those were better times in this business....now everyone sits in their vans talking on their phones endlessly....people are just so miserable...
No...not me...I met the nicest, most sincere couple with Panther in Laredo. We sat at my State Park Picnic table for a couple hours having conversation. It was SO nice to talk to decent, kind people face to face.
What you described sounds like a blast Ken...laughing, there's not enough of it!
I think it helps a lot when the subject matter isn't about work.
I know what you're saying though. You're right, we have to make the effort to get outside of our vans and say hello!
I'm not going to let this profession change WHO I am. It's taught me a lot about people (good and bad) and this country's condition, but I am still who I always was thanks to genetics and upbringing.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No...not me...I met the nicest, most sincere couple with Panther in Laredo. We sat at my State Park Picnic table for a couple hours having conversation. It was SO nice to talk to decent, kind people face to face.
What you described sounds like a blast Ken...laughing, there's not enough of it!
I know what you're saying though. You're right, we have to make the effort to get outside of our vans and say hello!
I'm not going to let this profession change WHO I am. It's taught me a lot about people (good and bad) and this country's condition, but I am still who I always was thanks to genetics and upbringing.
That's the way it was back in the day, I remember many a party in the parking lot of Meiers in Kokomo are even at truck stops. Yep fun times!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well good for you !

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
remember those outdoor cookouts...a group of drivers that didn't even know each other would get together...sit around in our chairs and laugh and joke...from all different carriers......those were better times in this business....now everyone sits in their vans talking on their phones endlessly....people are just so miserable...
well good for you !
Ken, I hope my words didn't come off as conceited or self-centered. It's hard on here...didn't mean for them to. I just really enjoy meeting people occasionally. Talking, laughing, swapping stories. It's a solitary profession and when my phone rings, it's someone from Bolt. Period. I like it just being me n Mags, but I also get such a kick out of the individuals you have a couple few words with. Love being around happy, positive, fun, nice folk.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So do I..... Things have been tough out here the last couple years and the few people don't have the sense of humor they used to ...this business will wear you down physically and mentally

Reactions: ntimevan

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So do I..... Things have been tough out here the last couple years and the few people don't have the sense of humor they used to ...this business will wear you down physically and mentally
I hear Ya...and yes, it IS a taxing profession. Lots of frustration, stress, unhealthy mentally and physically.
Someone recently advised me to "Work as long as you can. Find something you LOVE to do and do it for as long as you can." I wouldn't say "I LOVE my job."
I do enjoy Driving and I do like being self employed and having the freedom of choice. But I also have to make enough $ to live on and pay my way. That's my mission and NOT allowing stress and frustration get the best of me. Along the way, having an occassiinal belly laugh or seeing something or meeting someone that makes you feel like the world is an okay place....that's nice isn't it?