May 2015

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ohhh, that's a good answer Turtle. May I borrow it?
Ok, now...how do you answer the male and female couple who splits up and begins going around from Car to Car, Truck to Truck and Van to Van asking "I was wondering if you could help me out...or...I'm really embarrassed, I left my wallet at home and don't have any money."

"I don't carry cash. I travel on a company credit card. And they watch every penny."

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"I don't carry cash. I travel on a company credit card. And they watch every penny."
Eeeewwwwwwwww....dang, an I was just about to ask YOU if I could borrow a few!
Good one! Man oh man.... a Monitered Company Credit Card...can't wait to use these!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
My Ford was built on April 15th. They can't find it. Hasn't been seen on a scan since the day they parked it. Idiots!! They may have to build me a new one and compensate me for all the delays!

Compensate delays? Just like Ford NLM loads? Best wishes!
All kidding aside, hope your new truck comes in soon.
That Chevy has been one lucky SOB many times! Better leave some of that luck to its next owner, for real!! ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
And of course if you should have a breakdown you don't expect any help from your carrier right ? :p

We've coughed up one of our CC # a couple of times.
Carrier is just as liable for making it happen as the next guy. At least in helping to make it happen.
When the crap hits the fan all the "not my problem" MUST GO AWAY!!

Get the job done first!! Then cry on shoulders.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That Chevy has been one lucky SOB many times! Better leave some of that luck to its next owner, for real!! ;)
Absolutely...Ford after 1.5 hrs. free and GM after 2 hrs. free at their Facilities. That reimbursement for Detainment is a Norm. Sometimes you need to remind Accounting but yep.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Eeeewwwwwwwww....dang, an I was just about to ask YOU if I could borrow a few!
Good one! Man oh man.... a Monitered Company Credit Card...can't wait to use these!
I've been using that one for a long time. It's mostly true, too, which is how I came up with it. I rarely carry cash, I travel almost exclusively on a combination of the Fleet One fuel card and my debit card.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I've been using that one for a long time. It's mostly true, too, which is how I came up with it. I rarely carry cash, I travel almost exclusively on a combination of the Fleet One fuel card and my debit card.

I carried out Amex for the longest. It's amazing how fast you rack up points with all that fuel purchased. We still haven't spent the last $1000 Home Depot gift card. :)

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They already have offered up a free 2 year maintenance package and I'm working on a free extended warranty. The longer it takes the better chance I have of getting more of what I want.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
...but the trollers don't know the difference. O/O vs Co. Driver.
That what you meant?
Sort of I've read on here where some people actually think a carrier should step up and help them out when broke down when they are empty . Maybe a carrier should have something like an emergency breakdown assistance Fee? :p

Reactions: ntimevan

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sort of I've read on here where some people actually think a carrier should step up and help them out when broke down when they are empty . Maybe a carrier should have something like an emergency breakdown assistance Fee? :p
Carrier maintains their own Fleet of trucks or vans and an O/O takes care of all expenses in Maintenance.
Yes.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Unless there's some................
Nevermind.
We don't do cash advances.
It would be extreme. But as a rule, no.
Low margin. Low perks and benefits.
That's no secret.
I think our business model is no secret on EO.
Live within means.
Margin enough for two normal incomes.
(Sally & I)
Keep all the bills paid.
Feed the children. (Owen & Olivia)
Take two moderate vacations per year.
Work like hell to try to keep our other 11 family members (Team CRE) as happy as we can possibly get them.

After all, they're family.
Cousin Bill.
Brother Nelson.
That cousin Kenny & BK.
Uncle Bob.
Brother Bill & Sis Carolee.
Cousin Chip.
Super Bro Steve.
Cool Uncle Mike.
Cousin Tim.
Canadian Cousin Ken. (OVM)
Brother Toby & Tic!

ONE BIG FAMILY!!!

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last major breakdown I had was over in Indy, when the Transmission died, I called dispatch, they gave me a number to call for a tow, then I had it towed to a cross dock, then to a shop, I was there a week, and never heard boo from them.