Marco Rubio steps in it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
if Obama found a cure for Cancer it wouldn't be good for youguys

Why not just give a REAL idea from Obama that was good? Give one on your own instead of a copy and paste from someone with an agenda. FYI you won't find many if any at all here that are fans of George Bush so bringing him up as a defense is pointless. No one was cheering for the Patriot Act and some of the other really bad decisions that he made. The point that is being expressed is simply that Bush was better than Obama but that doesn't mean that he was even close to being good.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Why not just give a REAL idea from Obama that was good? Give one on your own instead of a copy and paste from someone with an agenda. FYI you won't find many if any at all here that are fans of George Bush so bringing him up as a defense is pointless. No one was cheering for the Patriot Act and some of the other really bad decisions that he made. The point that is being expressed is simply that Bush was better than Obama but that doesn't mean that he was even close to being good.
You use automatic weapons that are specifically designed to kill humans as your profile picture so it doesn't surprise me that you think bush was better than Obama. "No way, go figure" yee haw get-r-done.....smh

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You use automatic weapons that are specifically designed to kill humans as your profile picture so it doesn't surprise me that you think bush was better than Obama. "No way, go figure" yee haw get-r-done.....smh
You wanna try and stay on topic, please, rather than attack the poster for his avatar picture? Thank you.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

It simply means that I support the Second Amendment and it's a bit of satire playing around with the marriage "equality" symbol. For the record I own 0 guns.

Obama for the most part has upheld and continued Bush's policies plus added his own special touches. What has he done that has improved the country? Obama works hand in hand with the lobbyists that are destroying our country and continues the backroom deals to sellout the people. He has made things worse and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
SEMI-automatic sporting rifles that are no different than many many others other than appearance are another of Obama's targets, along with the entire Second Amendment. Another part of the job he is failing and his faithful minions follow right along and blindly parrot the fallacies and lies of their fearless leader.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Without profit, there are no workers.
If that were actually true - and it most definitely isn't - there would be no non-profit entities ...

Instead what we can easily see, is that there are over 1.5 million non-profit organizations in the U.S. alone ...

In fact - and what makes your statement so hilarious - I'd guess that the church you attend is probably one of 'em ...

The American Taliban: Serving up self-delusion on a daily basis ...

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If that were actually true - and it most definitely isn't - there would be no non-profit entities ...

Instead what we can easily see, is that there are over 1.5 million non-profit organizations in the U.S. alone ...

In fact - and what makes your statement so hilarious - I'd guess that the church you attend is probably one of 'em ...

The thing is, though, non-profits aren't in the same category, or context, as a capitalistic business, and they certainly aren't in the same context in which Aristotle's comment was made. The comment was made in response to a statement about what Karl Marx said regarding capitalism, not what he said about non-profit organizations. The fact is, a business cannot sustain itself or remain viable enough to pay workers if there are no capital profits in which to pay them.

But even in the context of a non-profit, there is profit of some kind to be gained, even if it is self-satisfaction from volunteer workers, or monetary payments made to paid staff out of gross profits. Without one or the other you will have no workers even in a non-profit.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Even non-profit organizations make a profit. The only requirement is that they not distribute the profits to board members like a public company with stock holders would. They have CEO's that make millions of dollars per year because they make the non-profit so much profit.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
A woman is running my house, why not the country?

When I heard Hillary Clinton say that I thought she just couldn't come up with any other reason to vote for her. Her campaign is going to push the whole wouldn't you like to see a woman president one day theme. The sad part is that it will actually work on many so I don't blame them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I heard Hillary Clinton say that I thought she just couldn't come up with any other reason to vote for her. Her campaign is going to push the whole wouldn't you like to see a woman president one day theme. The sad part is that it will actually work on many so I don't blame them.
Everybody has to relax. Hillary can not win, will not win.

You read it here first.

Reactions: aristotle

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
It appears Hillary Clinton's campaign is in serious trouble. The Clinton's family foundation, the Clinton Global Initiative, has gotten a lot of bad publicity over the past 48 hours. The media seem ready to turn on Mrs. Clinton in favor of a Democrat candidate who is not so embroiled in controversy and scandal. The Clintons may have traded influence for money. Not the first time it's happened, but they seem to have been real shakedown artists. The Clinton family foundation appears to have accepted millions of dollars in donations from foreign governments and foreign entities searching to buy political favors. Some of these transactions might have taken place while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State. If true, she's got trouble.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It simply means that I support the Second Amendment and it's a bit of satire playing around with the marriage "equality" symbol. For the record I own 0 guns.

Obama for the most part has upheld and continued Bush's policies plus added his own special touches. What has he done that has improved the country? Obama works hand in hand with the lobbyists that are destroying our country and continues the backroom deals to sellout the people. He has made things worse and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Wow really, find me one politicians that don't work hand in hand with lobbyists and makes backroom deals. Unfortunately that's how things work in Washington. But I guess it's perfectly fine if your party of your choice is the one doing it, right?

Last edited:

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
You know, like Halliburton getting hundreds of millions for contracts to take care of just about everything that needed to be done in Iraq. Wasn't Chaney the CEO of Halliburton before he got on bush's ticket? Weird! Are those the kind of backroom deals you refer to paullud? Or maybe your talking about some other kind of backroom deal, I'm not sure. Seriously don't just point out shady deals on the left, point them all out. There all shady as hell.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Did Halliburton sell 20% of the United States' uranium capacity to Vladimir Putin? Did George Washington or any other influential American patriot sell gunpowder to the British during the Revolutionary period? If they did, it would literally have led them to the gallows.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
You mean like people who will vote for a particular politician just because they heard them claim that they are some kind of super moral Christian then that particular politician flies back to Washington and has a prostitute sent to there room? Are those the type of stupid voters you speak of?