April "Rabbit rabbit rabbit"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great day today...2 loads and almost total 700 miles...also got to stop in Toledo at Sprinter Waynes for a fuel filter...I sure screwed the pooch on this one....I totally forgot all about changing it....the sensor dodad was rusted completely to the filter body...good thing Wayne had a spare sensor around.....Getting old...Its a fatal mistake ya know....:p

11138520_882965385075284_4787705853939499682_n.jpg
that is not such a bad idea.....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
With all these vans sitting, and carriers not signing a lot of new van drivers on. How are new van drivers making it at all? Just my worthless opinion but, isn't it cheaper to get a class B and drive a straight truck then investing in a sprinter and not turning a profit for 2 or 3 years if they are even lucky to "make it" that long.
no some are investing in a POS crappy 10yr old CV for a couple thou and running the crap out of it...thats how they are doing it...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murray just attempted a Laredo load....150 some odd trucks within 100 mile of shipper...it went CHEAP!!
This would load at noon and deliver at 10am tomorrow.. Been a long time since I ran that hard! But 1000 mile load, I'm not packing yet. Don't seem to be able to set the hook on those

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
one the other hand it could be one of your customers asking for a quote and not on a load board....best chance

Erick Evans

New Recruit
no some are investing in a POS crappy 10yr old CV for a couple thou and running the crap out of it...thats how they are doing it...

Yeah, but how much is a CDL B $1,000? Maybe $3,000 if you go to driving school to learn how to drive the truck. Then they can work for a fleet owner and not have to pay expenses when the truck breaks, and probably make alot more than driving a raggedy van.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan