April fooled ya !!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's a good thing MATS was last week, because Louisville today is a royal mess! Parts of 65, and stretches of Outer Loop and National Turnpike Rd were underwater, with numerous abandoned vehicles in the middle of intersections. Plus, there was a huge black cloud near the Ford plant that looked like a tornado, then a weird cloud formation, and finally, what it was: thick black smoke, from GE Park. [Big fire, building collapsed.] It's been raining all day, but supposed to clear up by tomorrow. I'm still sitting on the customers' property [on Cheri Drive, lol], because some of the deepest water is in the immediate vicinity. When it recedes, I'll move, but can't see risking the drive through deep water if I don't have to.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's a good thing MATS was last week, because Louisville today is a royal mess! Parts of 65, and stretches of Outer Loop and National Turnpike Rd were underwater, with numerous abandoned vehicles in the middle of intersections. Plus, there was a huge black cloud near the Ford plant that looked like a tornado, then a weird cloud formation, and finally, what it was: thick black smoke, from GE Park. [Big fire, building collapsed.] It's been raining all day, but supposed to clear up by tomorrow. I'm still sitting on the customers' property [on Cheri Drive, lol], because some of the deepest water is in the immediate vicinity. When it recedes, I'll move, but can't see risking the drive through deep water if I don't have to.

Just heavy rains that caused flooding? I didn't hear anything about it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well MSU lost :(

But other then that hope everyone is having a good Easter weekend!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Easter everyone! If any of you are at the yard make sure to talk to Tim in operations. We have Easter Brunch available for everyone there.

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1428240982.545772.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Easter, and Big Ten day all. Trying to decide my best positioning for Monday.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just heavy rains that caused flooding? I didn't hear anything about it.

http://www.whas11.com/story/weather...es-jcps-to-delay-school-start-times/25230405/

It was nuts, Friday morning! All dried up now, at least the Outer Loop is. The fire at GE Appliance Park will keep it closed for another week, I read. Does anyone else envision that as a place where rides and play structures look like appliances? :D
I didn't take any photos because I've recently read of people being ticketed for putting on Chapstick [ by a Nevada State Trooper] and eating a burger [Marietta, Ga, PD] while driving. Although the lady putting on Chapstick says she was stopped at a light, it's risk - or should I say potentially very expensive - to do anything that takes your hands off the wheel these days.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hope everyone had a great holiday. I have to say I sure did. Nice brunch with my family and my extended family. Then a round of golf with my uncles and my nephews. Now relaxing with a Jameson. A good day.

Reactions: cheri1122

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning all, hoping for a load today but understand the day after a holiday weekend shipping seems to be a bit lethargic. Let's hope for the best.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well after basically a 3 day holiday weekend hoping for a good day as well! Morning everyone hope you all had a good Easter.

Reactions: scottm4211

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ya posts have been a little stagnant as of late. I tried to encourage more posting a few weeks ago but i guess i dont have the magic touch. lol

Reactions: ntimevan

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Seems like the total number of postings in general really dropped with the changeover to the new site format or maybe it's just me.