happy july.

guido4475

Not a Member
Another quiet day. Both on here and out here. All ready to go....showered up, gassed up, van washed, laundry all done, and downy fresh....hair even cut...

refraining from turning the rooftop a/c on.....trying to save every penny I can to make it through this slow season...fans seem to be doing just fine...so far...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Great time at the Expo! Home and ready for a good nights sleep. Thanks to everyone on the Load One team who made it such a success. No question. Of how our company is so different when you look at our groups friendship. A lot of other carriers stopped me to ask about it. I like us being different.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
grand rapids, michigan to marion, virginia via the cookout line at the expo. missed a lot of folks there. rolling.

eb

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Great time at the Expo! Home and ready for a good nights sleep. Thanks to everyone on the Load One team who made it such a success. No question. Of how our company is so different when you look at our groups friendship. A lot of other carriers stopped me to ask about it. I like us being different.
It is very, very nice to be good different, while everyone is so nice to those that don't have the good fortune to work with Load-1!!!

John, Thanks for being the leader in so many ways. :)

Brian, you're a great spokesman, too!

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning.

With all of this talk of Load One being one big caring family, it is so true. What an awesome group of people we have here. From the drivers to everyone in between. No other company can compare or even come close to this.

On a less happy note, My Dad passed away last night. He was 85. I am glad he went peacefully and quickly. He lived a great and happy life, and those who remember our 6 person phone conference call conversations as we were all driving, talking with him into the late hours of the night remember what a trip he was..He will be greatly missed, but I know he is in a better place right now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning.

With all of this talk of Load One being one big caring family, it is so true. What an awesome group of people we have here. From the drivers to everyone in between. No other company can compare or even come close to this.

On a less happy note, My Dad passed away last night. He was 85. I am glad he went peacefully and quickly. He lived a great and happy life, and those who remember our 6 person phone conference call conversations as we were all driving, talking with him into the late hours of the night remember what a trip he was..He will be greatly missed, but I know he is in a better place right now.

Yes he is in a better place ....he was great to talk to!!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning.

He was a really special guy. Probably the company's biggest owner operator's father fan! I am sure the loss is large, but focus on the wonderful life and memories that you shared. If you need anything you let us know.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave,

Those of us that have lost their Dad understand what you are going through. You'll have good days and bad days. He'll be with you always. I came across this poem some years after he passed. I carried a copy with me for the longest time along with his drivers license. Now, it sits framed on my dresser. I still carry his license. I think of it as my shield. Hope this helps you, and if you need anything, call.

Welcome Home

To those I love and those who love me
When I am gone, release me,
let me go I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had so many years.
I gave you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on alone.
So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes
For if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near,
And if you listen with your heart,
you'll hear All of my love around you soft and clear.
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and "Welcome Home"

Author Unknown

Last edited: