DOT Physicals

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The wife and I were due for our physicals again, so I began the exhaustive task of figuring out where to get this done. First off, trying to find a doctor that is on the registry that is actually set up to do the job is next to impossible. I found 1 in 10 that is listed and set up to do the physicals. Also was trying to find a doc that would not just send me for a sleep study without consideration. I called and asked at Concentra if you had a high BMI were they automatically sending you for a sleep study, and two separate facilities said yes... So it took two days of calls to find a facility that would still decide about a sleep study on a case by case basis. I also needed it to be in Texas so I could go to a DPS and recert with the state. PRIMACARE in Mesquite, Texas is where we went. They will still base the decision for sleep study individually. I also showed up with documentation from my personal doc, that I had a couple of other issues under control. The doc was also very pleasant and easy to talk to. So if you have a high BMI and still feel that a sleep study is not needed, this organization would be a good choice to get your physical done at. It did cost us $95 each but everybody has gone up in price. Happy coughing!!!

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Yup and guess what all those overweight men and women out here, YOUR OUTA HERE!!!!!!! For those Companies that lean toward mom and pops teams that are over weight well to Bad. Guess the Dog Face Gremlin gets his BONE (T Bone Steak) NOW!. Been saying it since I came out here get your self in shape and fit. Culling is in Progress and guess what don't got to come up with New Pay Plans or special rates. Here me Now don't YA!! Get with the Program and get yourself in shape. Last Call. I herd the Bell again another Rang out. (DOR)Drop on Request.

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yup and guess what all those overweight men and women out here, YOUR OUTA HERE!!!!!!!
Wrong answer Popeye but thanks for playin' It's obvious you don't pay attention before running off at the mouth. Yes if your obese than you will have to get a sleep apnea test and if you test positive for sleep apnea tan you have to get one of those machines, test and machine should be covered by most insurance plans and contrary to what IRT is saying if you get all that your not outa here so pay no attention to his post.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yup and guess what all those overweight men and women out here, YOUR OUTA HERE!!!!!!! For those Companies that lean toward mom and pops teams that are over weight well to Bad. Guess the Dog Face Gremlin gets his BONE (T Bone Steak) NOW!. Been saying it since I came out here get your self in shape and fit. Culling is in Progress and guess what don't got to come up with New Pay Plans or special rates. Here me Now don't YA!! Get with the Program and get yourself in shape. Last Call. I herd the Bell again another Rang out. (DOR)Drop on Request.
That, or simply get a CPAP machine.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Some people just talk to hear themselves.... regardless of what is coming out...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wrong answer Popeye but thanks for playin' It's obvious you don't pay attention before running off at the mouth. Yes if your obese than you will have to get a sleep apnea test and if you test positive for sleep apnea tan you have to get one of those machines, test and machine should be covered by most insurance plans and contrary to what IRT is saying if you get all that your not outa here so pay no attention to his post.

NOT ONE of the ObamaCare plans that my wife could buy in our part of Michigan cover sleep tests and few, if any, covered CPAP.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NOT ONE of the ObamaCare plans that my wife could buy in our part of Michigan cover sleep tests and few, if any, covered CPAP.
I have Anthem it covers the test if ordered by a doctor and the machine if the test shows you need it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have Anthem it covers the test if ordered by a doctor and the machine if the test shows you need it.

It depends on the State and the zip code in that state. We were forced into a BCBS plan that costs more, and covers less, than the old plan we had. The OLD plan covered more, including sleep stuff, the new plan is stuffed with mandatory crap we have no need what so ever for. Gotta pay for others, and not get what people our age need. This entire mess just sucks.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That, or simply get a CPAP machine.

Or, one could always learn to play the didgeridoo: a 2005 study published in the British Medical Journal found that playing the didgeridoo strengthened the throat muscles that cause apnea by slacking off in sleep.
If that becomes a popular remedy, I believe I'll skip the jam sessions, lol. ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
depending on ones insurance deductible....it won;t get paid for anyways....same with the stress test....my BCBS will pay but I have a high deductible.....Good thing I have a good doctor....

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
And if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

B.H.O.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure glade I will be leaving this industry in the next 2 years. won't have to deal with the medical side of things.. The driving no big deal but the medical rules that aren't rules are just to much for me anymore.

There is nothing in the FMCSA's rules about being tested for sleep apnea and no doctor cash show a rule. What the show you is guidance for a regulation that isn't even made yet.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sure glade I will be leaving this industry in the next 2 years. won't have to deal with the medical side of things.. The driving no big deal but the medical rules that aren't rules are just to much for me anymore.

There is nothing in the FMCSA's rules about being tested for sleep apnea and no doctor cash show a rule. What the show you is guidance for a regulation that isn't even made yet.

The regulations MUST be taken into consideration by anyone who is looking into this business, or looking at buying a truck. How will they affect you, your business? What happens if you find yourself unable to drive due to health reasons? What is your back up plan? Is there enough money set back for down time while you have to put a back up plan to work?

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I said along time ago get your selves in shape. I also said when I first came out here there was going to be a lot of changes being made. The ones that didn't listen because then I was green horn Rookie well I didn't lie did I. No. For those of u that are a Heart Attack waiting to happen U are on your way out. Like the Electronic Logs, the new rules and regulations there are a lot more coming down the pike as well. Read the Tabloids. How many have stayed in touch with truck Driving schools raise your hand. Well they got a lot more information u may want to know. The Med Qualifications (Docs list) to the Sleep study to the New Rules on HOS and LOGGING its all spiking. The One that said don't listen. Yup don't go ahead. To the rest out here Get yourselves in shape and get all the knowledge you can. The Gov't plans to flood the industry with new Workers so to speak and with the New HOS Rules and the Over body fat Sleep study, they will get what they want. Just remember something 400,000 Military are getting out of the service in the next 2 years the Gov't is paying for their schooling and paying truck driving companies 12000 a pop if they keep that military vet employed for one straight year. That is the truth and like it or not that is the way it is. Big influx of Service Members to the civilian sector and they are hungry and Uncle Sam is doing the just to make sure they got jobs. Trucking is the biggest Push for the Enlisted side of the House. Get your self in shape and u wont need no CPAP machine nor will you have to worry about finding that certain doctor for your Physical.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's funny! Uncle Sam giving a flying flip if veterans get work after they get out? Holy fat feet Batman, that is just BEYOND funny! They are more likely to hire the people they are letting out of prison, or the illegals they are going to grant citizenship, than they are veterans.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's funny! Uncle Sam giving a flying flip if veterans get work after they get out? Holy fat feet Batman, that is just BEYOND funny! They are more likely to hire the people they are letting out of prison, or the illegals they are going to grant citizenship, than they are veterans.

That could be Robin, I wish it was but the truth is the truth and Yes Uncle SAM is awarding trucking companies 12000.00 per vet if they keep that vet employed for one year.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That could be Robin, I wish it was but the truth is the truth and Yes Uncle same is awarding trucking companies 12000.00 per vet if they keep that vet employed for one year.

Just long enough to get them in the VA system so they can get rid of them. They are going to do with these vets, just as they did to my generation's vets, don't trust 'em. They don't have much of a track record.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Dont go to Concentra, they PAID the lobbys to create these laws...there the worst sleep crammers in the market, I dont care what people say about CPAP if you dont need it and try to sleep, forget it, your gonna suffer loss of sleep with a vacuum cleaner puffing air into your lungs, you cant YAWN or you get tagged, Its a joke...I may only be "Allowed" another two years in this industry, but Ill,never accept a machine I dont need....and when you go for those NEW CDL Physicals look over those questionairs they give you and LIE...you never want to take a nap, you never Snore....

It may seem funny to some, but as a BIG GUY whose health has always been good, and Safety record even better, getting forced out of trucking Hurts. I chose this profession to drive until I retire...to enjoy my job, and enjoy others and Live free in America, But it seems MONEY can stop me from my chosen profession because Concentra, Phillips, GE , Resmed can BUY a few congressmen and votes and make it impossible for me, When I graduated from High School I had a 21 inch neck....at 18....but that makes me unsafe, or my waist size makes me a crazy fat man on the loose out to run over sleep doctors in there BMWs....

Ill never submit, never give in and I guess Ill drive a Taxi cab and still see the country....they can kiss my rosy fat ***....

Ive said it before Like it matters, If you have a great record of safe driving you should be excused from these tests, SAFE DRIVERS dont have accidents, tickets, freight claims, but safety is NOT what this is about, its about selling 5 billion dollars a year in medical testing and products and making bank on the stock, hmmmwho owns the stock on the medical board...hmmmmm