Boston on Lockdown Massive Manhunt underway for terrorist after shootout

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
tell ya what YOU stop the crime..you are the hero......and I'll call 911 and hunker down...3 generations of family and no one has been a victim in my family....I'll go with the odds

Weellll, don't count on that in Detroit. Response to a 911 call there could take 3 or 4 hours there. That INCLUDES ambulance calls, so I guess there is no need for CPR either.

How can you "hunker down" if that crack head is ALREADY in your house?

You can do as you choose. I will do as I choose. You can drop the intended insults. Not need to try to cause trouble in here.

As to the odds, you stand a GREATER chance of being murdered in Chicago than you would have of getting killed in combat in Afghanistan. Just sayin.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Weellll, don't count on that in Detroit. Response to a 911 call there could take 3 or 4 hours there. That INCLUDES ambulance calls, so I guess there is no need for CPR either.

How can you "hunker down" if that crack head is ALREADY in your house?

You can do as you choose. I will do as I choose. You can drop the intended insults. Not need to try to cause trouble in here.

As to the odds, you stand a GREATER chance of being murdered in Chicago than you would have of getting killed in combat in Afghanistan. Just sayin.

no insults intended....wise cracks.... yes, insults..no....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Following this thread, I'm not sure which is more bizarre. The story that's unfolding even as we try to follow it, or the cockamamie conspiracy theories about secret government agencies trying to control the masses.

Special note for the gun-ho types: If a criminal already has the drop on you, reaching for your gun isn't likely to do you a lot of good. Something you might want to think about.

It is a 100% thing if they pull it and you have no means of countering that move that you WILL be a crime victim.

What if you came upon a young punk, who was raping a woman, robbing an old lady, would you call 911 and WAIT, allowing that crime to continue?

I am 62. I can no longer fight off a punk on drugs, a gang member etc. I choose to have an equalizer.

It is a choice. Being armed is just ANOTHER step in self defense.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've lived in Chicago-- in a couple of bad neighborhoods-- and I'm still alive. Gee, I wonder how that happened since I was-- and am-- unarmed? To read some of you, it should be impossible to exist without an AR-15 just to walk from my house to the 7-11 which is half a block away, and I should be prepared for Mexican drug cartels to send hit squads to my house every week. You know, it IS entirely possible to live a long life and die of old age never having fired a gun. It's equally possible to die before you're twenty even though you're armed like Rambo. Can the idea that guns are some kind of god that can protect you from all under all circumstances. It just ain't so, Joe.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've lived in Chicago-- in a couple of bad neighborhoods-- and I'm still alive. Gee, I wonder how that happened since I was-- and am-- unarmed? To read some of you, it should be impossible to exist without an AR-15 just to walk from my house to the 7-11 which is half a block away, and I should be prepared for Mexican drug cartels to send hit squads to my house every week. You know, it IS entirely possible to live a long life and die of old age never having fired a gun. It's equally possible to die before you're twenty even though you're armed like Rambo. Can the idea that guns are some kind of god that can protect you from all under all circumstances. It just ain't so, Joe.

Did I EVER say that one could NOT survive with out self protection? All I said is that it is just ANOTHER step in self defense. I think that I also said that NOTHING is 100%.

By the way, the Mexican cartels ARE becoming active in Chicago and other areas.

I don't know about Rambo. Paul is a pretty good guy, he let's me fish on his private lake. I know he likes to carry a 1911. He only uses his AR for coyote hunting and target shooting.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When hauling gas to stations in Chicago one of our drivers thought it'd be a good idea to wear a very visible gun in a holster.
A LEO officer stopped by to inform him he'd probably take a bullet from someone who'd want to steal his gun.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When hauling gas to stations in Chicago one of our drivers thought it'd be a good idea to wear a very visible gun in a holster.
A LEO officer stopped by to inform him he'd probably take a bullet from someone who'd want to steal his gun.

Considering the quality of some LEO's I would not say that he would be 100% correct. One thing is 100% correct, unless that LEO, or another one, was standing right next to you if you were robbed or hijacked, he would NOT be able to stop it from happening.

IF the police were able to stop all crimes, there would be none. Guess they are not able to protect you as they say. It's a personal choice to try to defend your self or not. I also guess the Feds cannot keep us safe from crowd bombers either.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Lets do the math------------- 400 cops or so, and one 19 yr old boy, now just think about it....sure am glad there are not 20 , 19 yr olds with weapons, just saying....

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
prove these two did this I mean in the pictures the back packs are blue. the ones they show blowed up are not. kill the two you blame and you got a end to this is what they are thinking!