Panther rates???

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I just got a load offer for 55 cpm...I thought 70 cents was cheap..wth is going on over there. Have they been lowballing anyone else?. I refused the offer .

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I guess they see my low refusal rate, and think I will take anything? They said, they have to be competitive with the customer, and didnt even try to renegotiate. ..dispatcher says..."someone will take it" theres 7 other drivers on Charlotte board.
Im just trying to figure out if this is an isolated incident ,or is this going to be the new Norm..

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I hope no one is desperate enough to run for 55cpm...and how would a fleet owner split that with a driver?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How often has Panther asked you to run below 70cpm...@Moot
I don't believe ever. They may have and I passed out from oxygen deprivation while laughing and it didn't register in my memory. I have only run a few less than rate loads over the years. Last year I did two in one day, but that was under special circumstances. I needed to get home and the dispatcher I was working with was probably bidding on loads for me. I think the short one was .75/mi. and the other was .70.

Since I switched to the structured f.s.c. almost all, if not all load offers have been at my rate, except for the two mentioned above. When they started paying all deadhead miles my variable f.s.c. began taking an unexplainable dive. I'm sure I was getting less than rate load offers, but they came across at .77/mi with the difference coming out of the f.s.c. Soooo mysterious.

have you noticed any changes lately?@Moot
No. I haven't had a load offer all this month, but that could be because I've been OOS all month. Hope to be back on Saturday and will find out then if I'm still a Panther Partner.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Panther cutting rates again no wander a sat for a whole day in nc lol go broke with panther should be their motto

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Personally i think it's just as bad for the carrier to offer a load at a cut rate as it is for A O/O to accept one. All it does is bring rates down on the whole industry. once you get the rates down you rarely get them back up. I will go broke and live out of a cardboard box before I ***** myself out like that. One thing I respect about John Clark he always got top dollar for his loads and didn't back down when he has loads you get paid well. I have more respect for A company that goes broke for sticking to their guns than one still out there that will go anywhere for A dollar

mike1973

Seasoned Expediter
This is why I took my vans out from panther,cheap rates!When I first sign my first van my contract was .77 cpm then after I put on a second van things when down hill.I have always done 40/60 40 to me and 60 to driver and driver keeps fsc but then in 2012 rates where going down hill and in 6 months both drivers quit.I since then took my vans off from panther and sign with another carrier and never look back,doing very well since.I was told couple times from my drivers that they where offing .48 cpm! I told them never accept anything below .73 cpm but within then they wanted me to sign a new contract for .71 cpm I told them they can go pound Sam!Never ever again ill do business with panther again!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is why I took my vans out from panther,cheap rates!When I first sign my first van my contract was .77 cpm then after I put on a second van things when down hill.I have always done 40/60 40 to me and 60 to driver and driver keeps fsc but then in 2012 rates where going down hill and in 6 months both drivers quit.I since then took my vans off from panther and sign with another carrier and never look back,doing very well since.I was told couple times from my drivers that they where offing .48 cpm! I told them never accept anything below .73 cpm but within then they wanted me to sign a new contract for .71 cpm I told them they can go pound Sam!Never ever again ill do business with panther again!

I hope Sam is ok after you pound him. ;)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Maybe GO POUND SAND....?

My brother told his daughter that she should tell her boss to GO POUND SAND !

She got fired and he got to support her again .

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Maybe GO POUND SAND....?

My brother told his daughter that she should tell her boss to GO POUND SAND !

She got fired and he got to support her again .
That's the way I always heard it. We just had a little fun at Mike's expense. I very RARELY engage in such activities, but I've noticed that Davekc is rather bad about it :D