Need Help Finding Straps to Buy

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I need to buy, ASAP, eight, four-inch wide, J-hook-end ratchet straps. The ends are also known as wire hooks (different from flat hooks). There is not time to order them online and have them shipped. We're looking for a store where they can be purchased.

Truck stops tried so far have the flat-hook straps but not the J-hook straps.

In the next few days we will be in Tucson, Eloy, Phoenix, Ontario, CA and points in between. We are willing to go out of that route if necessary to get these straps.

Does anyone know of a store in or near the above named cities where such straps can be purchased?

Attachments

• four_inch_ratchet_strap.jpg
    four_inch_ratchet_strap.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Look at New Haven's catalouge on line. Retail outlets in both Phoenix and LA area. Or call Traction Truck Parts. They may be in the area. Also larger trl dealers in Fontana area..

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just looked them up they are $15 each and have a 10,000# rating and a 3,333# work load rating. Item #107190. They are 2" x 33' long. Where are you now?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sisters truck wash in Eloy should have 10-4 magazine. It is filled with ads of suppliers in the LA area. You can get anything trucking related done.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Phil - they have them at Amazon, too, and though I know you said you don't have time to have them shipped, Amazon will ship to hotel addresses, UPS stores, etc, and will do so overnight. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you get free two-day shipping. As a last resort and you can't find 'em anywhere else convenient, Amazon might be your best bet:

25' x 4" J Hook Cargo Straps Only

25' x 4" J Hook Strap and Ratchet

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Diane and I need to buy, ASAP, eight, four-inch wide, J-hook-end ratchet straps. The ends are also known as wire hooks (different from flat hooks). There is not time to order them online and have them shipped. We're looking for a store where they can be purchased.

In the next few days we will be in Tucson, Eloy, Phoenix, Ontario, CA and points in between. We are willing to go out of that route if necessary to get these straps.

Does anyone know of a store in or near the above named cities where such straps can be purchased?

tractor supply or Blaines Farm and supply

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Just looked them up they are $15 each and have a 10,000# rating and a 3,333# work load rating. Item #107190. They are 2" x 33' long. Where are you now?

We will be in Tucson later today (Saturday). I got excited when I saw the $15 Sam's Club price you mentioned but that is for two-inch straps. We need four-inch straps with J-hooks (wire ends). Length of these straps is typically 30 feet or more. Online prices range from $30 to $50.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lodi Metals makes the straps here in Ohio and better than any truck stop straps etc. They can make any configuration you want in multiple colors to distinguish different lengths easily.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
APC Equipment
They have 2 locations in Tucson, both off the Interstate, one on each side of town.
7291 South Frances Ave
30 East Alturas

They're a trailer place. You name it, they got it. I'd be very surprised if they don't have what you are looking for. But if they don't, then they're likely to know who does. I ran in there and grabbed a couple of the 2x4 wood beam e-track sockets. Didn't notice if they had the 4" j-hook straps, but they got a lotta straps in there. I'd give them a call, anyway.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Give them a call... That's the key.
I would think he'll find 2" straps,and he may find 2 or 3 4" straps.
Twice in the last year we've searched for 3/8" masonite in 4x8 sheets.
I cannot tell you how pizzed I was after driving to a place that said they had it to find they had 1/4".
Not carried by Lowes,Home Depot,or Menards. Finally found it at a specialty lumber yard. Just west of the 12'6" overpass.
Phil, please count how many places you look before you fulfill your simple task.
It may turn out like "it's only accouple of inches on the map."

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Phil, please count how many places you look before you fulfill your simple task.

The search begins. It is 9:15 local time in Tucson. We're not clear of our load yet but as we wait to deliver I'm making calls. Will edit this post with updates as the game continues.

- TA truck stop last night in Big Spring, TX: Not in stock

- APC in Tucson: Does not carry the item

- Grainger: Item not in inventory. Stores closed on Saturday

- Utility Trailer in Tucson: Not in stock

- Tractor Supply: Item not found on its web site

- New Haven Moving Equipment: Item not listed on web site catalog, stores closed on Saturday.

- Two local light-duty trailer stores: Item not stocked.

- An additional local light-duty trailer store: Has some, not sure how many, can't tell me price because computer is down. I'll call back after delivery.

- Called back after delivery. On further inspection the counter man said they have 2" straps with J hooks but not 4".

- Checked the TTT truck stop on way out of town. No joy. They had 2" with J hooks and 4" with flat hooks but not the other way around. Will check Eloy truck stops next.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Traction has three LA area stores. I called and do not stock 4".
I buy ALL my straps there since they sold me 20' e-track straps for $9.99 in Vegas. I wanted 16' but all they had left was 20'.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Phil: They DO have them at Home Depot and Harbor Freight. I wouldn't spend anymore time looking elsewhere.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

Trailmobile in Tuscon. I think another manufacturer has a shop there but can't remember the name.

Truck and trailer parts. 2702 Flowing well rd. Tuscon 85705
623 3663

Phoenix, http://www.dldtruckstraps.com/

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
SOooo..., once you deliver this one time Special handling freight...please, don't carry it in your truck for another 9 years for a 'just incase' improved load opportunity' kind of a deal.
just sell it to another flatbed trucker for half price.
if you can't find a half price trucker, you know where to find me, I'll put them straps to work.