If you're self respecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Seriously, what is going on with a couple of our moderators lately? I really think the owners of the site need to evaluate and seriously question their decision to keep them in such high profile positions and ask themselves the question, "Do we really want to continue having them represent our website"?

I just know one of these days you are going to post something positive.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Seriously, what is going on with a couple of our moderators lately? I really think the owners of the site need to evaluate and seriously question their decision to keep them in such high profile positions and ask themselves the question, "Do we really want to continue having them represent our website"?

Unless your paying the bills around here this is not "your" site.

We are guests of those that own this house. If you find the host(s) not to your liking your welcome to go to someone else's house or build your own.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But, the "guests" of this house comprise the community. The owner of the house has been known to praise the community when it responds to those that may be, ahhh, a bit off the rails. Kind of like community watch without the weapons.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
But, the "guests" of this house comprise the community. The owner of the house has been known to praise the community when it responds to those that may be, ahhh, a bit off the rails. Kind of like community watch without the weapons.

Praise? Go ahead and post those threads please. Sounds like your starting to believe your own fumes.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Praise? Go ahead and post those threads please. Sounds like your starting to believe your own fumes.

There have certainly been times when the general membership has jumped on posters that have somehow gone wrong with posts. I recall at least one time where you posted how proud you were that the membership would speak up in such a manner. Was it "praise"? I dunno, but you clearly thought we handled things well.

I wish I could remember the thread, but it wasn't some of the "keyboard tough guy" crap that is seen here in the soapbox.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
There have certainly been times when the general membership has jumped on posters that have somehow gone wrong with posts. I recall at least one time where you posted how proud you were that the membership would speak up in such a manner. Was it "praise"? I dunno, but you clearly thought we handled things well.

I wish I could remember the thread, but it wasn't some of the "keyboard tough guy" crap that is seen here in the soapbox.

So your saying it wasn't "political" in nature? By your previous post in this thread - that's what it sounded like. Please clarify. Thanks!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So your saying it wasn't "political" in nature? By your previous post in this thread - that's what it sounded like. Please clarify. Thanks!

It was more of something like someone being overly vulgar, maybe a troll, I don't recall exactly. But, a few of us in the general membership jumped on it and you clearly thought we handled it well.
It was something very different from just being tired of someone hammering away at something like thinking a particular group of people are stupid in a lame, mind numbing kind of manner.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
It was more of something like someone being overly vulgar, maybe a troll, I don't recall exactly. But, a few of us in the general membership jumped on it and you clearly thought we handled it well.
It was something very different from just being tired of someone hammering away at something like thinking a particular group of people are stupid in a lame, mind numbing kind of manner.

( Larry lightens the grip on his bat ever so slightly)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

I remember that as well. Some members were trashing EO, and the members drowned them out. IIRC, they went on to start another expediters site.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Highway,

For your understanding here's "the owners" position on content in the forum, as it has been since 1999.

This can be found in our Code of Conduct

Code of Conduct
You understand that all posts, pictures, private messages or other materials whether publicly posted or privately sent, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not ExpeditersOnline.com, its owners are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the forum or our website. ExpeditersOnline.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such information. You understand that by using the forum, you may be exposed to content that is offensive or objectionable.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My house, My rules....my way or the highway....don't let the door smack you where the sun don't shine on the way out....LOL..........IF I owned a forum...

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Code of Conduct
You understand that all posts, pictures, private messages or other materials whether publicly posted or privately sent, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated.

And........What's that have to do with Highway's and other's point?

This means that you, and not ExpeditersOnline.com, its owners are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the forum or our website.

Ahhhh.....but "the owners" are responsible for those that "they" put in authoritive postion(s) and their content, email or otherwise make available via the forum or your website is a reflection of"the owners". I don't want to speak for anyone else here in the thread, but I think that's the point trying to be made.

ExpeditersOnline.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such information. You understand that by using the forum, you may be exposed to content that is offensive or objectionable.

Really? <sarcasm>

Again, "the owners" however can show the online community that they are competent enough to make decisions on who they place in authoritive positions that they think best represents their website.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Oh....cheer up. Its primary day in the northeast and your guy Ron Paul might finally get his first win in one of those states. Haven't heard of any conspiracies out of those five states so you should be good to go.;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seriously dude, you of all people should just not say anything at all.

But I can....the rules say so.....;) like morons, porch monkeys....whatever....even donkey...because IF they are deemed unacceptable I will be addressed on the issue, I am sure...and I must take whatever is thrown my way....

so here ya go....You are invited to a friends for dinner...house rules, you must take off your shoes..or say no smoking in house....BUT the guys sister comes over and here she is smoking and shoes on....what do you do?....Going to argue with the host over unfair rules?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My house, My rules....my way or the highway....don't let the door smack you where the sun don't shine on the way out....LOL..........IF I owned a forum...
I guess we're lucky that we only have a scant few participants that regularly use any possible opportunity to take personal cheap shots or make snarky, inflammatory comments for the purpose of stirring up trouble. Looks like we're about to have one fewer.:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Highway,

For your understanding here's "the owners" position on content in the forum, as it has been since 1999.

This can be found in our Code of Conduct

Code of Conduct
You understand that all posts, pictures, private messages or other materials whether publicly posted or privately sent, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not ExpeditersOnline.com, its owners are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the forum or our website. ExpeditersOnline.com does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such information. You understand that by using the forum, you may be exposed to content that is offensive or objectionable.

All righty then, let's review, shall we?

I post that the members of this forum make up a community. I also say that the owner of the forum has been pleased when the members of the community acted together in support of said community.

In response, the owner seems taken aback that he may have acted in such a way and suggests I may be inhaling some type of intoxicating fumes, and then quotes rules. Did I show that I somehow didn't understand the rules?

I'm at a loss here. I mean, all I did was...

Well, LOL, I'm just at a loss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.