Expediter, you've gone to far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I'm going to tuck in behind a big truck and run with him (or her) Ill usually pick a flatbed as I feel most of them have their sheet together more so then the typical freight hauler.

You may want to reconsider that practice. Highways are littered with binders, chains, tarp straps, load straps, winches, 4x4's, bricks, blocks, lumber, turnips and assorted debris. Most of this fell from open top trailers, not enclosed vans.

Deville

Not a Member
Deville, Deville, Deville,
I am not here to earn your friendship nor do I care if you like me or not. To continually question my honesty on this forum when you've never met me (or my wife) raises questions in my mind.

On what basis or proof do you keep coming to this conclusion, or is it just something you fabricate in your mind to satisfy your needs. To take a dislike to my wife whom never post on this forum makes me wonder if you just have a dislike for law enforcement officers, past and present. Maybe you had a few to many run ins with the law in the past?

Why don't you ask those that know me like Nightcreacher and others as to my and my wife's honesty on this forum and elsewhere. You might learn something. I look forward to meeting you someday so that I can give you a real attitude adjustment, cause you really are in need of one!

Look, I was never trying to start an argument with you, the fact is that when ever I have questioned you about your tales you strike back with anger & PM me with insults. I have lot's of respect for law enforcement, I have family members who are in manamgement levels in the New York State Govenors office, I have several friends who have climed the ranks of the NYPD, And no I have never been in trouble with the law, & you should know that since we both contract for the same carrier, FEDX DOESN'T CONTRACT WITH FELONS! but you just like to call people out & be abusive to them in an open forum & PM when they don't agree with you like the baby you are. I feel bad for your wife because she has to put up with you.

As far as given me an attitude adjustment, well my friend I have taken that as yet another threat by you & now i'm gonna call michelle in safety, & e-mail her this exchange. I'm tired of you & your crap.

Deville

Not a Member
Wouldn't it be the noble thing to do if the van driver in question were to come on this forum and verify my story (so Deville would stop calling me a liar) and fess up to his wrong doings that day. God, I must really live in a dream world! LOL

I'm not calling you a liar, I just choose to keep an open mind (unlike yourself) & try to look at the other side of every story. I will call you a jerk off an an E'ffin *******, because that's how you come off. Your not better than anyone because ur wife is an ex cop & because you can drive a tractor with an oversize load. Truck driving ISN'T rocket science....but when you come off as mentally challenged as you do than maybe truck driving is like being a Rocket Scientist.

Deville

Not a Member
YOu must be a union driver :D

6 pages of talking and no one is really mentioning what caused all this..
Passing on the right,,which I thought we had laws against,(maybe Im wrong)Maybe we do need a law that includes no passing in active work zone..(Yeah I know more laws to be broken.)

I think its the fact ppl cant stand to be behind someone else,,no matter how far they can get in front of me,,they must feel they are ahead of the game.I dont get it.

I'm pretty sure, NY, NJ, CT & PA are all no passing zones in a construction sight. I only see 4 wheelers ever attempting to pass in a Consreuction zone anyway, some times the lanes are so tight it amazes me that they make it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You can thank em,,its channel 19 because you can bet your bottom dollar he is on there letting every other truck out there now that you just drifted into his lane or what ever the mistake was..Many times I told someone I was sorry (I couldn't get over etc etc)and I appreciated him watching out for me..most of the time it will end him getting irate on the C>B and results in a good ride while shooting the bull with the guy for a few miles..

It is not always a truck that has helped me out often it is a car. Our CB is not worth a darn and we never use it and to tell the truth I do not even think about it.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
It is not always a truck that has helped me out often it is a car. Our CB is not worth a darn and we never use it and to tell the truth I do not even think about it.

You may be taking that to the extreme because on rare occassions it has been very helpful (reroutes, lane closures,etc.) but I understand your point of view.

On one occassion we happened upon a serious accident and got out to help free an elderly man from his vehicle. His foot was stuck between the floorboard and the bent brake pedal.
It was apparent that it would take the strength of several men to bend the metal and get him out so I gave a shout out to the surrounding truckers for additional help.
Not a single truck stopped and they even drove through the scene without slowing down to a safe speed!

When we finally relinquished the scene to the emergency crews and got back in our truck, traffic was backed up. I again got on the CB and informed the drivers that there was a fatality and it would take a while to process the scene.
The immediate response was a barrage of obscenities and complaints about how this was effecting their schedule.
The heros of the highway have long since retired and any driver who uses the term "good buddy" is considered gay.:(

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
You may want to reconsider that practice. Highways are littered with binders, chains, tarp straps, load straps, winches, 4x4's, bricks, blocks, lumber, turnips and assorted debris. Most of this fell from open top trailers, not enclosed vans.

Your right Moot. I do keep a comfort zone that allows me to stop and pick up anything of value :D

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I feel bad for your wife because she has to put up with you.

As far as given me an attitude adjustment, well my friend I have taken that as yet another threat by you & now i'm gonna call michelle in safety, & e-mail her this exchange. I'm tired of you & your crap.

Have at it my friend. knock yourself out. I'll even dail the number for you.

As for my wife, you sir are a liar! In the past you have made derogatory comments about her and her carreer in law enforcement both on public forum and privately. Shall I email those to Michelle for you? Now you have the audacity to come on this forum and publically claim you "feel bad for my wife" because of me. Liar!

Turtle,
You sir talk out both sides of your tortoise shell my friend! Refer back to your post here on 5/8/10 @ 11:27 hrs and I quote:
"Instead of talking directly to the driver about it, it should be reported to the police, not the carrier".
5/9/10 @ 01:18 hrs I quote:
"I don't advocate calling the police".

Which side of this fence do you truely stand on? Reread your post. Being the computer geek you claim to be, you would know that when it comes to computer controlled diesel engines 99.9% of the malfunctions are mechanical, not software (ECMs). A great example is my thread regarding the recent malfunction of our cruise control due to a faulty speed sensor. Not the computer (ECM). Once corrected the cruise can be and has been safe to operate. But it sounds based on what you say, it would be stupid to ever trust it again. So when my steer tire unexpectedly blows shall I never trust that brand tire again? And so on and so forth.

Who uses a cruise control at 50 mph? Certainly not us! Typically cruise is meant to be used at speeds 55 mph and above. Read the instructions. Thats what I was doing in the construction zone, 55 mph. When a construction zone is miles long (10-20 or more) and traffic is thin and moving steadily as was the case that day. Plus there are long stretches where no workers are present, prove to me that it is "unsafe" and "stupid" to use your cruise control.

x06col: I won't even waste my time

The driver in question in this thread:
As the fair person that I am, and in wanting to give you a chance by not contacting your carrier, I chose to post this thread on EO with you remaining anonymous to all but myself and my wife. It was my hope that you would read this, learn from it, and be a safer more courteous driver in the future, plus not have your contract jeopardized and save you the embarrassment of having to answer to your safety department. I think that was a kind and fair gesture on my part, don't you?

I have passed you in the parking lot at the J in Walton, KY and seen you with EO on your computer screen so I know at some point you will read this:
Be sure to thank you fellow expediters Deville, Turtle, x06col, and Jamimjin the next time you see them for the call your carrier will be receiving next week. In trying to be fair to you I get accused of being a liar by Deville, called stupid by Turtle, mocked by x06col, and Jaminjim is the reason I decided to post this thread to begin with rather than let you go on down the road with nothing ever being said. Again, thank them my friend for the change in the game plan! I am done with playing fair!!! You are their sacrificial lamb.

With that said lets all plan to meet at the J and sit around the fire together making smores and singing Kumbyah.

Last edited:

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter

In our two years now of hauling our stepdeck and my prior flatbedding many years ago, not once have any of the above mentioned items fallen from our open top trailer. That is not because of luck but rather vigilance. That means when done properly and safety checked at regular intervals this wont happen. By stopping regularly and checking the load, a worn strap gets replaced before it flies off. Chains, binders and tarps are regularly tightened, etc to keep them from becoming road debris. Despite even the best efforts and professionalism of most deck haulers out here, Moot's suggestion is a great suggestion. God forbid something does unexpectedly fly off of an open deck, giving a little extra room between you and the deck trailer may make a huge difference in becoming a target.

My wife and I truely take our responsibility as open deck haulers seriously and fully understand the consequences of failing to properly secure a load and check it routinely. Getting sloppy and risking injury or death is not worth it. But you can help by giving all decks a little extra room for you own safety, and ours!

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I kinda agree who ever this guy was borders on road rage and maybe should be called in..(or at least go met him in at his terminal)
We all wobble a bit and sometimes may even come close to trading paint,thats part of the job and why we need to stay alert to everything around us but to push traffic and especially in a construction zone just isn't safe.

While on subject of safety I gotta ask,,,Why ya running in the construction zone with tight lanes,up against the barrier wall,oversize load,,,,With your cruise on? :D

Because he can. And, he's got tousand dollah seats.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Streak said:
and Jaminjim is the reason I decided to post this thread to begin with rather than let you go on down the road with nothing ever being said. Again, thank them my friend for the change in the game plan! I am done with playing fair!!!
Must have really upset you that I think the job of delivering freight thats on your truck more important than a pet, oh well. But go forth stud, your starting to sound silly.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I'm not calling you a liar, I just choose to keep an open mind (unlike yourself) & try to look at the other side of every story. I will call you a jerk off an an E'ffin *******, because that's how you come off. Your not better than anyone because ur wife is an ex cop & because you can drive a tractor with an oversize load. Truck driving ISN'T rocket science....but when you come off as mentally challenged as you do than maybe truck driving is like being a Rocket Scientist.

I've NEVER said that because I'm married to an ex-cop that I'm better than anyone else anywhere on this forum. Care to show the readers and I otherwise? Never said truck driving is rocket science either. Again, care to show the readers and I otherwise.

I only finish what you start Deville, You name call, expect it back, and so on and so forth. How quickly you forget the things you've said in the past. I can see that you don't like being called out or challenged, do you? What you start, I will finish. Thats how I play this game. Get used to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.