Try Hours

It's a Teams Life

Team 34-hour restart

Dec 17, 2012 - 8:55:46 AM | By Linda Caffee

When we are in California our loads really take a toll on Bob's hours.   I often will drive some in the morning after we deliver and vary rarely have to drive to finish a load due to the way we switch shifts.

One of our weekends while on the west coast we had a long dead head and Bob needed a restart.   He spent the weekend lounging in bed, getting up to eat or peek out the windows before sitting at our table reading with his chauffeur driving him around the country.

It fell to me to get us back down the coast for our pickup on Monday and I have to admit it was kind of odd to park the truck in the afternoon and have the evening off.   We had all of weekend chores to get done and after parking the truck for the day it was time to drag out the laundry and head get this chore finished.   This was just a small taste of what a solo driver goes through all of the time.

Was I glad when the week started and we were back to Bob driving  his shift and me driving my west coast   short shift.

Bob & Linda Caffee

Leased to: FedEx Custom Critical

TeamCaffee

Saint Louis MO

Expediters 7 years been out here on the road 12 years

linda.caffee8@gmail.com

Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle;

Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;

Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;

Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.

Comments - Tell us what you think below

Linda
17 Dec 2012, 06:58
Comments Welcome
Peter & Sherry
17 Dec 2012, 12:01
My wife and I are thinking of going expedited. I already have a CDL and my wife would like to get hers as well. We live in Canada so we're not sure if FedEx has Canadian teams. This is something that I will have to look into.
Linda
17 Dec 2012, 12:07
Peter and Sherry as for references of drivers you can talk to in Canada. Sometimes the freight is very good up there other times not good.
Rich
17 Dec 2012, 17:48
Can't Bob do laundry ?
Moose
19 Dec 2012, 19:20
I'm Lost!, normally i get home for a restart. this week i will have 3 (!!!) restarts in 8 days. i'm too cheap to go to a hotel, but am running out of things to do. it's too dern cold outside & nothing more needs to be done on the truck. i red a book (how to speak Minnesotan's)...now what?
Moose
19 Dec 2012, 19:22
& why all the w's are faded? EO running out of ink?
Linda
20 Dec 2012, 19:57
Moose what is wrong with your R's? We are to cheap to go to a hotel or in reality we have never liked the hassle of going to a hotel.

Moose put the how to speak like a Minnesotan book down... I will not be able to understand any thing you say.