Weird symptoms on Hino358

tommygun

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Try to figure this case. Few months ago while driving my rpm’s dropped for a second and the engine light came on. It was the P0087 code. I shut the engine off and the check engine light turned off. It’s been two months now and the rpm’s drop sometimes once twice a day and then nothing for a few days, engine light comes on and off. Recently I have noticed that when the rpm’s drop or truck stalls for a second my dpr bars jump from zero to 3 or 4 and then it cleans fine for a few days and again same issue. I have even noticed yesterday that while driving my truck began an automatic regen (bars were at 3) and then the truck stalled for a sec again and bars went down to 2 so it stopped regeneration. Also noticed my fuel filter clogging up fast, I can see the level of fuel rising up behind that glass cover. Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on? All this weird crap happens when truck rpm’s drop/stall for a second. I did replace the injectors a month ago.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The fuel system has several places that can trap debris, like the fittings going into the fuel filter and even the elbows coming out of the tank. Start at the filter, pull the fittings out of the filter inlet and give everything a good look.