Walkie Talkie

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I couldn't decide whether to post to this forum or the truck talk forum but I think this is the one. My husband and I have purchased a set of inexpensive walkie talkies from Wal-Mart and it is a MUST for a husband/wife team. I can't believe it took us so long to discover this. I had to walk down a dark alley last night (Halloween) to locate the shipper's dock. Believe me...it was a LONG dark alley. We couldn't find the entrance to the building and it was late at night. The walkie talkie was the answer. I was in constant touch with my driver the entire time and I was able to direct him right to the dock in the dark. Also, I can now go in a shipping/receiving place and let my husband know which dock to back in to while I am doing paperwork with the shipper/receiver. This is one of those "don't leave home without it" things!

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You got it! Diane and I have been using them for a while now. It is hard to imagine being without them now. As inexpensive as they are, we carry extras, in case one gets lost or wrecked.

Rechargable batteries make it easier to leave the walkies on for extended periods. You don't have to worry about the cost of wearing out batteries.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
AGREED and another good thing is those high powered handheld spotlights.
good for driving around trying to find signs that aren't lit and for carrying down dark alleys.