Use You Mobile Phone to Google Local Info

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Here is a tool I use often for local information. It sends information right to your cell phone - for FREE!

OKAY - THIS LINK HAS BEEN UPDATED!

http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/sms/index.html

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Awesome! I just tried it, and got addresses for two local post offices in Dallas - Lawrence, you are the MAN! :7

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One little nifty I use every now and then is Tell Me 1-800-555-TELL

Call 'em up, you wanna hear the weather, you say "weather" and you hear the weather report. If you want the extended forecast, simply say "Tell me more". It's no-brainer easy. Voice recognition. And it's free.

Main menu options are Stock Quotes, News, Sports, Entertainment, Travel, and Short Cuts. Under each of the main categories are other choices. Like, under Travel, you have Airlines, Hotels, Rental Cars, Taxi, Weather, Traffic, and yes, absolutely, Driving Directions. :)

It uses Map Point for the mapping, so it's the same as you'll get at MapQuest or MS Streets. It tells you where to turn, and when, how far to go, and how long it'll take to get there. It recognizes "repeat that" and "go back" as commands, and it'll wait for you to tell it "next" before it reads out the next direction, in order to give you time to write it down. All you need to know is a starting and ending address, or an intersection, and you're good to go. I haven't used it much since I got the Garmin, but it's something I used relatively often on the past, and it works great. I still use it every now and then for the weather.

If you are looking for something, like a hotel, taxi, airline, it will even look up the local information and connect you, free of charge, to whichever location you want to talk to. Under the Entertainment category, you can narrow down a movie, and it will give you the local theater, including show times, and it'll let you purchase the tickets right over the phone. You can pick a movie and it'll find the theaters it's playing at, or you can pick a theater and it'll tell you what's playing there.

If you know it, you can say any sub-category from the main menu, too. "Top Stories" will take you directly to the top national headlines, or you can go "News Center" and listen to the options and go from there.

Did you miss General Hospital yesterday? Not a problem.

What's your stocks doing? Your favorite sports team?
You can even play Black Jack over the phone.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Turtle,

Okay - that was cool. Thanks!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!