trucks let go from fleet

Seasoned Expediter
anyone here about fed ex letting go trucks from fleet for excessive out of service time heard it was 50 trucks any info:confused:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who did you hear it from and where were you when you heard it? If you heard it from Virginia in a direct phone conversation then I'd believe it. If you heard it from Jason or Jason or Scott or Terry or any of a handful of others I'd believe it. If you heard it from your recruiter I'd probably believe it. If you heard it at a truckstop coffee klatsch I'd have doubts about it.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Who did you hear it from and where were you when you heard it? If you heard it from Virginia in a direct phone conversation then I'd believe it. If you heard it from Jason or Jason or Scott or Terry or any of a handful of others I'd believe it. If you heard it from your recruiter I'd probably believe it. If you heard it at a truckstop coffee klatsch I'd have doubts about it.

It is an annual thing, I was told this by my recruiter even before I signed on. They release the bottom performers and I think this is good. It helps keep the fleet (and our reputation) strong. Just as in any pro-sports, you cut those they don't help the team. No supprise here and next year and the next. I would much rather be with a selective carrier like the FED than some of the fly-bys I have read about. If next year I don't meet up to their standards and I am cut, then I deserve it and there is no one to blame but myself.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Call in and talk to your CC if you have questions about this and get the straight scoop.

FedEx Custom Critical is always striving to be the best out here and they are always watching the fleet and the performace.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
anyone here about fed ex letting go trucks from fleet for excessive out of service time heard it was 50 trucks any info:confused:

Your "Contractor's Helper Guide" is an excellent source of information and has recently been updated. If you have misplaced your copy, you can; download from the extranet, order a copy from the extranet or ask your CC to mail you one. It provides you many helpful tips on how to succeed as well as who and how to contact key personell for any questions you may have. As to your current question as previous stated...its good business pratice to keep your best performers.

GOT2GO

Seasoned Expediter
Call in and talk to your CC if you have questions about this and get the straight scoop.

FedEx Custom Critical is always striving to be the best out here and they are always watching the fleet and the performace.

Now thats a bunch of BS........if that was the case it would still be ROBERTS.......but now look out if they think they can screw you they will......need me to go farther?

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
Now thats a bunch of BS........if that was the case it would still be ROBERTS.......but now look out if they think they can screw you they will......need me to go farther?

Whoa! Now hold on there Sparky! I'm guessing that you're one of the trucks that they let go. I've also heard that they give you at least 1 warning, usually several.

FedEx, like all of their drivers, is in business to make money. If you're not performing - then you should find a business that you can be more successful in. This is not a beach party.

Oh, and don't worry, the remaining trucks should have no problem taking up the slack left in your wake.

PS - FedEx has a reputation for professionalism. "This is BS" and "they will screw you" is probably not the image that FedEx would like to portray. If this is how you represent yourself on here - it is likely how you spoke to the dispatchers - which is another thing that can get you cut from the team.

You never get fired - You fire yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Happy Happy Happy Anniversary 8 Years as of 6th of June 2005 which was a Monday in a White Freightliner Haulen a TVAL load of which was my First load Ever done for FedEX with a OOP from Westminister MD. 6th of June is the correct date. Because I drove up on a Sunday night parked in the Drive way and He came out and away we went on the 6th of June Monday on our First Load a TVAL Load. 8 Years as of June 6th 2005. FedEX is the only Company I have Driven for. Just like Serving in the same Branch of Service for 23 and on a retainer till my 30th year. People now days seem to change Jobs either every few months or every couple of years. Where does it get them. Just like in the service I seen Guys leave then get to there station and all of a sudden change there minds or get out for a year then come right back in. The same is with this Business, I seen many leave for a big money dream of Oil Fields then come back wanting the same place they had left back. Kinda funny that is. Since 2005 I seen so many changes just like the service. Change is good when all are on the same sheet of music. That means everyone plays by the same rules. In the Service if your over weight you put You place in a special club Fat boy Fat Girl Farm. You got to Look good in uniform your Representing the Country so best look good. Well so it is with every place we go here every shipper every Consignee what are we doing ??? Representing the Company Hmm. Thats Simple isn't it. YUPP!
But I still see New and old ones failing to Represent. Shame Shame Shame !!!! Who AM I You ask? I AM who I AM. When I go to my Customers that the company give me I Do everything I can to impress them and give them what they want weather it going the extra mile and load it or unload it for them if they ask. Pad it Strap it what ever it take to make them happy. I do it. The words I cant are not in the Volcabulary. Same goes with the Uniform I wear it with Pride. I dont wear no ear rings or nose nose rings. My Tats are covered just like it was when i was in the service. (For the Record nowa days you cant get in the service if you got a tat peroid unless you get a waver) When I was in they had to be covered if you were in short slevers it could not show. Personnal Inspections you best bet your didnt stand with the rest of the Troops during Admirals Inspection if your tats showed or you were OBESE you did not show your face. Mine are covered! Always will be. That being said Im not suprised of so called cuts. If you look like crap to a Shipper or Consignee our Customers that bad business. If you look sharp feel sharp be sharp! Dress to Impress and you Shouldnt have a Problem. The other thing is to remember is that the customer is always right. No matter what. If they ask you to do it then do it. Cant never could. Do not make the Statement thats not my Job to load or unload the freight. Just do it. Sew them seeds now and Reap the rewards latter. The same goes for those at the companys we are their customers not employees and we are the customer of theirs that serves the customers that they give us.

Rolling Thunder

Dress to Impress, Look sharp feel sharp be sharp. Positive Attitude always with the customer they are right. The same goes for those at the companys we drive for they should follow the sheet of music so to speak.
That MY Rant
Double TAP

Last edited: