PlasticDuck

PlasticDuck

Active Expediter
Hello,
My name is PlasticDuck. I am new to EO. Currently contracted to Fedex Custom Critical. I have been there since Oct 2011. I have been a truck driver for over 5 years combined, among other careers. I am now driving a D unit.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say it's good to be on board. I sincerely hope to make meaningful, informative contributions to the forum from time to time.
Thanks and best regards to all.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the forums! How has it been going for you so far at FedEx? And how do you like expediting? Is it what you expected?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome to the forums! How has it been going for you so far at FedEx? And how do you like expediting? Is it what you expected?
like.jpg

PlasticDuck

Active Expediter

I am doing well despite the seasonal slowdown. I like Fedex so far. It took a little time to figure out the system but it has worked out pretty well. Sometimes I really don't feel like running my back side off so the way it works out is good for me and I can catch my breath and relax between loads. I can make the same money or more driving half as far or less than I ever did driving tractor/trailer. I don't see myself ever driving tractor/trailer again. If that means anything. Thanks for the welcome!

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Welcome duck,
I've only been with Fxcc a year and a half, and i've bee pleased with the work and the pay so far. I did get off track a bit in February, made a bad decision to sit in tacoma, wa. For a load, and got on a bad track after that. It was painful, but a good learning experience. Watch out for the naysayers, and listen to the wise men, you should enjoy expediting and FedEx.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the forums!n Good luck with FDCC. We have been with them for almost 7 years. Enough said, eh?

PlasticDuck

Active Expediter
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. So far my experience with mostly everyone in expediting has been much more positive than driving line haul. That has been nice since I have met many drivers here and most of them are more than willing to have a quick chat and share some advice. Advice that has proved to be most valuable during my learning process. No doubt I still have much to learn as we all learn something new every day. I definitely learned to stay out of a few areas based on trial by starvation. Once again a new lesson was learned and can put that in my book of DOs and DON'Ts.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Welcome aboard! I found the same things: expedite drivers are generally friendlier [and more knowledgeable] than most OTR drivers, and trial by starvation [LOL] makes for lessons you don't forget. Stick with EO, kid, and you won't starve. Probably. ;)