NFL wants the Bears

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Did anybody watch the monday night game where the Bears beat the Cardinals at the last minute. I had no interest in who won or lost but watching that Chicago guy run in for that last second touchdown made me think,man the NFL wants the bears to go undefeated and get to the Super Bowl. I counted 6 Cardinal defenders that missed tackling him in a open field. The Bears guy pretty much ran straight and all of these defenders somehow managed to miss him.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a diehard bears fan, back from when they had Bob Avelleni at quarterback. I seriously doubt the NFL "wants" the bears to go undefeated. Are you somehow hinting at a conspiracy? Denny Green beat up the podium, may lose his job, and fired his offensive coordinator...does that sound like a conspiracy? I would more likely believe that the NFL want the colts to go undefeated, due to the fact that they would make much more money for the TV networks. Who on the bears is a real "star"? Urlacher is the only name anyone really knows outside of bears fans, as opposed to Peyton Manning, Harrison and the other colts notables. The cardinals just crapped that game away, pure and simple. there was/is no fix, especially not for the bears. peace ;)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think D Green fired the wrong coach,Offense scored 23 points,it was the defense and special teams that cost Phoenix the game.Nice stadium they have.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Hey, I'm in KC, and I saw the meltdown that the cardinals had last week against the Chiefs. two weeks in a row, at home, and you lose a 14 point lead? SOMEBODY has to be accountable for that, and I guess Denny decided it wouldn't be him, at least not yet....:7

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We caught the game in the 4th quarter and I have to say that is why I watch games in the 1st place.
Kinda like Nascar I am waiting for the next big train wreck.
Special teams kicked #####.
Mike and Cyn

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I know a few Bears fans. If my Colts cant make it...I will root for the Bears. I told somebody a couple of weeks ago the Bears have their work cut out for them, even though they are doing well at the moment. Just because you have a great regular season dont mean your going to the superbowl, ask the Colts. :+ Keeping the momentum up all season is hard. Injuries is another issue. They have taken one recently that will set them back a little. There will be more by play offs. They will have to play injured just as good as the Colts have. Otherwise, the Colts or somebody else will eat their lunch. The Colts have about 21 people on the injured list compared to (dont quote me) Tennessee and Miami who I believe are tied for second in reported injuries at 9. 21 good players injured and we are still winning! LOL

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Rich... the Cardinal defense gave up 3 points. The other 3 tds were 2 fumble and a punt all returned for tds.

That game was a huge letdown for me. Nice to see the Bears vulnerable, but I was hoping the Cards could pull it off. Oh well... maybe other teams can concentrate on the Bears' weaknesses shown in the game.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
The cardinals defense gave up three points because Rex Grossman played like absolute crap! He needs to learn that not every pass can be a 20+ yard completion. How many passes did Thomas Jones catch? Defenses are learning, as they should, that He won't dump off the ball when downfield is not open. Big plays are good, but Rex needs to quit doing his horrible imitation of Brett Favre. His arm is not as strong, and even Brett is learning He can't do it by himself. I'm sure Lovie Smith bent Rex's ear the past week....the defense won't be able to bail them out every game, no matter how good it is...BTW, it didn't look too good that night. :-(