my first year...

sonny_d

Expert Expediter
sept 13,2004 i started driving a cargo van owned by another person with dispacth thru another company.being an independant contractor is new to me and i need some help.which im glad you are here for.
as far as recipts go do i have to add them up seperatly ro can i total them all together for expense deductions{ gas , cell phone ,food ,ect}.
i also am considering the fact that it might be better to let someone like you do my taxes for me.
right now my recipts are in a big envelope and i would need to know what you would need me to do to help make it somewhat simpler to handel.
thanks
sonny_d

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Sonny,

sept 13,2004 i started driving a cargo van owned by another person with dispacth thru another company.being an independant contractor is new to me and i need some help.which im glad you are here for.
as far as recipts go do i have to add them up seperatly ro can i total them all together for expense deductions{ gas , cell phone ,food ,ect}.

Sorry, but you must separate every item. Fuel, tolls, cell, I hope you kept a log of your loads, so that you can get the diem pay for the number of days out on the road.

i also am considering the fact that it might be better to let someone like you do my taxes for me.

right now my recipts are in a big envelope and i would need to know what you would need me to do to help make it somewhat simpler to handel.

be thank full that you do not have a years worth of reciepts. You can do either, get all of the receipts separated and added or just send them to me and I will do the labor of sorting and adding, there will be an hourly charge of $35.00 per. this is your decision as to weather you do or I do.

Frank

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sonny

I forgot to post that i would need your physical address or PO Box to send you a income tax organizer if you want to add up the information yourself, and enter on the sheets provided to do your taxes.

the organizer will be available starting Friday Jan14, 2005

Frank