Mifi or boingo?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
No, Virgin roams off of Sprint's towers only and Sprint doesn't own many.

The service I have to say was fantastic. On a recent trip from NYC to Florence, KY, in a vehicle with 5 people, non-stop EO'ing, FB'ing, Tweeting and Emailing on I-95, I-76, I-70, I-470, I-270, I-71, I-75 service didn't drop at all - except for a while going through one of those huge PA tunnels.

noneya

Active Expediter
The service I have to say was fantastic. On a recent trip from NYC to Florence, KY, in a vehicle with 5 people, non-stop EO'ing, FB'ing, Tweeting and Emailing on I-95, I-76, I-70, I-470, I-270, I-71, I-75 service didn't drop at all - except for a while going through one of those huge PA tunnels.

Cool! If you got service going through rural ky, then this might work for me.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

If you take a look at their coverage map it may have worked well for the route you were on or for someone that lives in a big city but I'm not sure it is adequate for a driver.

http://www1.virginmobileusa.com/coverage/prepareCoverage.do

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have smart phones with verizon and have an 18 gig everything data plan. Unlimited calls, text, and shared data. The phone is the hotspot we run both computers on. Unless you are doing a ton of movies or other data hog downloads, this works great. Verizon has the best coverage as far as our experience, and we bought a wilson amplifier we cradle the one phone in, and it keeps the signal consistent in those middle of nowhere areas.

Firerescue20

Rookie Expediter
I have Verizon mifi that has 8 gb. I also have virgin mobile overdrive with 5gb for $55 a month. I would rather go over on my virgin mobile than my Verizon. But it's nice to have both because where one doesn't work, the other does. Both work for my xbox 360, and they both offer 3g/4g. virgin mobile signal seems to be picking up in the mideast. Virgin out west & mountain areas it sucks/no signal.Look for me, my network name is "ain't nobody got time for dat" lol.