It costs HOW MUCH?!??

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped in to the CompUSA in El Paso yesterday to get a new battery for my Presario 2500. $180. The guy said that is one of the cheaper ones, that they go for as much as $300. Anybody know where that can be found at a more reasonable price?

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
eBay?

If you want, post the part #, there's a place kinda close to me called Bulldog Battery, they've got lots of crazy kinds of batteries on-hand. I could give em a call for you.

Better yet:

http://www.bulldogbattery.com/home.html

1-800-721-1119

I found a battery there for an old hand-held radio I bought in Hong Kong in '87. Now that's inventory!

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
I did a search on ebay for you, found over 300 of them for less than 75 bucks brand new.
Do a search for "compaq Presario 2500, battery' in all catagories and you will find what your looking for..good luck

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
> I did a search on ebay for you, found over 300 of them for
>less than 75 bucks brand new.
> Do a search for "compaq Presario 2500, battery' in all
>catagories and you will find what your looking for..good
>luck

Watch out for cheap counterfits on E-BAY!!!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
> Nother dumb query, Redy: how does one tell a counterfeit
>on EBay?

No the question is how can you tell if the battery is used or new until you buy it?

Just a warning, pay for a battery from the manufacture, don't mess around with a generic battery, a used battery or something that is made way under the manufacture's specs. Some of these battery places buy in bulk from some distributor who can and many times buys from overseas or buys used and relables the batteries.

Look at it this way, a battery should last 18 months if not discharged all the way. if the new one cost $180, thats $10 a month to be portable. The battery for this laptop is $250, so I take good care of it.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>on EBay

WHEN IT CATCHES ON FIRE;

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always believed in "you get what you pay for" so your point is well taken Greg. It's not often that using the 'puter when I'm not near an outlet is a big deal, so I may just go without a new one.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>on EBay?
eBay has big problems . Hackers have been duplicating item listings of longstanding members with good feedback and ripping people off . I read an example of this in the clarkhoward.com message boards in the ripoff topic . This will surely reduce the amount of transactions on eBay . Craigslist.com even cautions people to by locally and not make online transactions on their site .