Is a Lease Purchase with Panther worth it for me?

Taylor506

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm 27. I have 2 and a half years experience expediting with a cargo van (of my own). Van freight is very oversaturated with drivers so I left. Trying to find work around home is very difficult so I figure I might as well get back into what I know. I loved expedited freight and seeing the country. However, it seems now that the only real profitability is left in the straight truck side of things. (I have absolutely no interest in getting my Class A CDL). So, assuming the lifestyle of it isn't an issue (which it shouldn't be because I'm used to it, just a different side of the truck stop.)

Would a lease purchase of a new/low miles truck from Panther be worth it monetarily? My only overhead is about $800 a month and it's my understanding that a straight truck can easily gross $5000 a month AS A SOLO DRIVER. Take away maintenance fund, fuel and payments maybe we're down to like $2000. Take away $1200 for my monthly bills and food and we're down to $800 in my pocket to take home and use for taxes at the end of the year. Yes I know it varies each month but I'm very confident that it will still be worth it even in slower months because less fuel used is less money spent so there's more leeway than it seems on the surface. Lastly, I know on paper I'm breaking even however that's because most of my overhead is debt that is slowly being paid off and another huge chunk is truck payments. So in a way that is all "profit"

Is it worth it monetarily?
What is your opinion on Lease Purchase with Panther?
Is it worth it to contract for Panther in general?