How to start with 20k

Scrwd_Dad

New Recruit
Driver
Hello again,

I understand that the best bestest van is an extended high top sprinter/ram/transit... Most places want something very new, 3,5,7 years or newer. If you were at the beginning today and only had $20k to start, what would you do?

Thanks!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello again,

I understand that the best bestest van is an extended high top sprinter/ram/transit... Most places want something very new, 3,5,7 years or newer. If you were at the beginning today and only had $20k to start, what would you do?

Thanks!
Look for a traditional job.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
With a 99 percent turnover rate in trucking, van drivers come and go quickly. 18 hours a day at a regular job is better than refueling that van you want,, plus food on the road is crap,,imho..If ur retired then thats different..you may last longer..

Scrwd_Dad

New Recruit
Driver
I have been looking at company driver sprinter otr jobs, but I am not finding much. Is there a better resource than here?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expediter Services is known to be helpful on finding rides for newbies looking to get into the business.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A full time $15 "Welcome to Walmart" job will likely make more money than this. Many other places are also paying $15 an hour now. This is a hard row to hoe. The fortunate few do really well. Some do ok. Most don't do and in less than a year are out of the business and either more in debt than when they started or best case only poorer than when they started. From the outside looking in it's utopian grab the key, fire it up, drive, money rolls in. Nope. Explore all your options, even the ones that don't initially look interesting. Good luck.

Reactions: FlyingVan