General Maintenance

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How often do you run Scan disk or a disk clean up program. How about the defrag program?

Also is there an advantage to going directly to the control panel and under internet options to delete cookies and files.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"How often do you run Scan disk or a disk clean up program. How about the defrag program?"

Once a month if space permits. I have to move my music off the laptop now to get the defrag program to work right.

Also is there an advantage to going directly to the control panel and under internet options to delete cookies and files.

Yes, when I did tech support at the pharma company during the merger, the absolutly first thing we told the people is to delete the cookies and temp files. The cookies can accumilate fast if you do the 'surfing' like many of them did and I do and the temp files just take up space and are not used most of the time.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
I remember when I had windows 98 that there was a way to see all of your cookies and the total number of cookies that you had but I don't remember how to do that. Or if you even can with XP.

Fr8 Shaker

P.S.

Also there are some free downloads which I have found that do a good job for firewalls and spyware protection. Win Patrol, Spybot, Zone alarm, and AdAware. as for the AdAware there are other programs that look like it's the AdAware program but it's name is Adware not AdAware.
You can find this free software at www.PCworld.com and www.cnet.com