DHL and Trip Paks

ihamner

Expert Expediter
DHL has announced the closing of all air and ground service in the US. So, now who is going to pick up our trip paks? See, this is why I have been complaining about depending on another company to handle our paperwork. Just my two cents!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I assume that Trip-Pac will have to contract with a new company to pick up the Trip-Pacs or maybe we will get FedEx Overnight envelopes to put it in. I thought that Trip-Pac and DHL were seperate companys. Layoutshooter

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I suspect the Trip Pak business will be sold off as a unit to another company that will run it. This would be an opportunity for FedEx Custom Critical, a subsidiary of FedEx Freight, which is a subsidiary of FedEx Corporation to shop around for someone that provides FedEx-like services for sending in our paperwork.

If the FedEx Custom Critical Trip-Pak review committee made up of FedEx employees meeting in a FedEx building about how to get FedEx run paperwork to FedEx headquarters from FedEx trucks and FedEx contractors, thinks about it real hard, one of them might be inspired to suggest a company they know that might be good to use.

Hint, hint.

Seriously, Trip Pak does more than just move envelopes. That is why you cannot drop your Trip Paks off at FedEx Custom Critical HQ but have to drop it in the Trip Pak box that is in their parking lot.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
i went to drop my trip pak saturday,was told trip pak nolonger picks up,ups will be taking over,but not picking up the trip pak boxes.Starting moonday UPS will be doing the trip pak thing.Last two weeks I've had couple trip paks not get delivered,good thing I had copies of BOL's

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few days ago at the T/A Las Cruces the UPS guy was there picking up from the DHL box as I walked through. I'd imagine the majority of them won't change but some locations might be dropped.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
From the Trip Pak FAQ`s

By now you are aware that ACS has established a partnership with UPS for TripPak EXPRESS® service, and that we are relocating part of our operations from Wilmington, Ohio, to Louisville, Kentucky.

While we expect that you will appreciate the additional reliability and network breadth that our relationship with UPS will offer, we appreciate that you may have questions regarding this transition so that you may plan your business operations accordingly. The following FAQ has been created as a resource for you to get answers to those questions.

If you have additional questions not covered by this FAQ or need any additional support, please contact the ACS TripPak SERVICES Customer Service team. We are standing by to assist you through this transition, and sincerely hope that you will share our excitement in this new partnership with UPS. Your customer service resources can be contacted at:

(800) 737-2626
(877) 435-7876

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, the runs I dropped last weekend didn't make the cut off.. hope UPS speeds up there 'en route' time. Usually it made it if I dropped it 'in box' by Monday... .this settlement (for this Thursday).. stuff I dropped Saturday didn't make it... both runs will be on next pay period.

I know it will all even out.. but sure makes for a short paycheck .. plus Thanksgiving week slowdown... ouch... :eek:..

Dale

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Well, here is our experience with the "new" trip pak service. Now, granted, we were out West where there are not as many truck stops or trip pak containers but still! We stopped at a Flying J near Salt Lake City and we had two trip paks to turn in. I went in the Flying J and the manager was putting a black garbage bag over the trip pak container! I asked what was up and he said it wasn't going to be used anymore according to Trip Pak and UPS would be bringing their own container for the trip paks (he thought) but he wasn't sure.

I called the CC phone number and left a message asking what now? I got no return call or any response at all. By the way, I was concerned about mailing in the trip paks since the company is in the process of moving to Kentucky.

We went to 4 other truck stops and could not find trip paks at all!! I feel like Trip Pak owes us some fuel money! Ha!

When I talked with the rep at Trip Pak she said the manager of that Flying J just mis-understood the new policy and she promised to give him a call as soon as we got off the phone.

We had to hold our trip paks until we got back in the Eastern part of the country so that was at least a week late and another trip pak later!

Don't you LOVE depending on another company for your pay check?? :)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I talked with the trip pak people last week when I was concerned about my envelopes being picked up.First,dhl had nothing to do with trip pak,except they were a vender that just picked up the envelopes.As we have all found out now,ups is going to be doing the same thiing for trip pak.Fed Ex was also given the chance to do this business for trip pak,but decided there was to much involved for the money that was offered.The trip pak boxes are yellow,but was never owned by dhl,trip paks colors are yellow and black,and I was told will remain the same,just that ups will be the vender in charged with picking the envelopes up and taking to trip pak locations for scanning.As many know,there was a day couple weeks ago that non of the trips got scanned.hope that wont happen again,I just wish the fed could have gotten this account

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
From Trip Pak FAQ`s

Question: Will TripPak processing days be changing?

Answer: TripPak EXPRESS® service days and TripPak ONLINE® outsourced scanning service days will be changing from Tuesday-Saturday to Monday-Friday. All TripPak ONLINE® outsourced indexing, Capture ANYWARE™ remote capture and TripPak SCANNING™ truck stop scanning services are unaffected by this change.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A day or two ago I, a FedEx Custom Critical contractor, handed two Trip-Pak envelopes to the UPS man who was unloading the Trip-Pak box at a truck stop. There is some humorous irony in that.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I think many truck stops are confused like India said.

I went to drop at a Pilot, they had a sign on the box.

Do not put DHL trippak envelopes in this box, only UPS envelopes now.

I got the manager and asked what was up, she said not to use the ones that said DHL. I told her they NEVER said DHL, just trip pak, and explained that Trip Pak was the company, and DHL just picked them up.. and now UPS would do it, but the company was still the same.

She went and called 'up the line' somewhere, and finally figured out I was right... meanwhile there was a bunch of confused drivers trying to figure out what the heck a UPS Trip Pak envelope was!

Dale