Business Plan

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
Is there anyone who can tell me were one might get a look at a business plan for the expediting profession?

As I do my research I am trying to get any links or helpful sources that deal with tools to help the O/O run his or her expediting business.

I have been spending alot of time at the SBA website and that has helped.

Appreciate any information you can send my way via the forum or e-mail.

Thanks again!

Spaceghost58

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A business plan is a personal, individual thing. It is your own idea of what you plan to do as a business. If you are a driver and are leased to a company and plan to do that type of thing for the next 10 or so years, then that is what you would put into your plan. I do believe MS office has some Business Plan Templates that may help you.

If you are a driver or an O/O independent doing your own load findings and billing, that would be the thing to put into your plan. Your first plan is generally the plan of action you will follow to get started into the business. It will be sort of like a map that will guide you down that road to success. My first 2 years in the business, I did an upgrade to my plan every 6 months. Now I do it every year. Around March I will do a plan of action to follow going into the forth coming year, that keeps things in perspective. If I have some time this weekend I will send you some templates that helped me in the past. Good Luck

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
Teacel,

It looks like right now I am going to work as an IC for a while.
I want to get my feet wet again in the industry and learn from my O/O.
He has some good ideas and I do not want to plunge into this business without some mentoring and experience.

You mention some business plan templates you said you might have to share.

I would appreciate it if you could send them my way if you have the time.

Thanks

Spaceghost58

paperback1

Expert Expediter
I think you are doing the right thing, working for someone for a while. Learn as much as you can first, this way the risk for you is not too bad. Good luck and keep us posted:+

beautifulmess1

Expert Expediter
Teacel,

>If you are a driver or an O/O independent doing your own
>load findings and billing, that would be the thing to put
>into your plan. If I have some time this weekend I will send you some templates that helped me in the past. Good Luck

Was wondering if you would mind sending me those templates as well...and any information you have on the O/O finding their own loads and billing, new to the business and want to learn all I can.

Hell or Heaven on Earth the choice is up to you.

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
Thank You Teacel!!

I am getting ready to drive for an O/O and am excited to get back on the road.

Meanwhile I am putting my business plan together and we shall see what the future holds!

Hope to meet some of my fellow EO expediters in my travels!

Thanks again!

Spaceghost58